27~Devotion

"Yes, sir. Our boots are made of high quality leather, and they have amazing soles that keep your feet from hurting after walking around in them all day. I personally own two pairs of Ariats, and they are the best boots I've ever worn. I own about 5 horses at home, and they keep my feet comfortable all day." I smile as I talk about Jesse and all my other horses.

The man smiled. "Thank you..?" He paused, clearly waiting for me to state my name.

"Braelynn. And you're welcome." I hand him the boots he handed to me earlier.

He smiles back and accepts the boots then walks off.

I heard footsteps behind me and a squeal as Lacey runs up towards me. "What are you so happy about? You're at work. You're never this perky." I tease.

Lacey rolls her eyes. "Yeah, whatever. So I wanna know what happened last night. Did he do the dirty deed?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. "Cause if he did, I have to know all the juicy details."

I push Lacey away while I laugh. "No, we didn't have sex if that's what you're asking." I paused for a second. "Matter of fact, I told him that I couldn't be with him anymore..." I say before I can chicken out of telling her.

Lacey stopped being cheery. "Braelynn.. What do you mean?"

I shrugged. "I told him that I couldn't be with him since I saw a future with Wade and not him. It wasn't easy, but I had to do it."

Lacey changed he subject before anything else could be said. "Oh, I'm sorry, B. Well, you know how Jamie and I hit it off at the game?" She asked almost too excited.

"Yeah.. what about it?" My eyebrow arcs up in confusion.

"Well, he texted me and asked me out on a date. So it wasnt a one night kinda thing." She has a stupid smile plastered on her face. "He's gonna be here soon." She says as the bell over the enterance door jingles. "That must be him!" She squeals again and runs towards the front of the store.

I follow behind her and see Jamie hugging Lacey. When they part, Jamie looks up at me and gives me apologetic eyes and mouths 'sorry'.

I cock my head in confusion and mouth back 'for what?'

Jamie looks back at the door right as it opens and I immediately see why he gave me that look.

Tyler walks in and looks around, not noticing me. He scans from the left wall of the store to the right, spotting me in the process. His jaw drops a bit. His eyes flick over to Jamie, and practically asks him 'what the hell?' with just his eyes.

Jamie shrugged while giving him an innocent smile. "Sorry, Segs."

Lacey pulled Jamie towards the back of the store, giggling." We'll be back in a second."

Tyler takes a few steps closer to me and opens his mouth to say something.

"Tyler, please don't say anything. My decision was already hard enough. I don't need you to make me rethink it. Honestly, you'd be making it harder on me if you said anything." I say as I turn to go back to work.

Tyler chases after me and grasps my wrist before I get too far away, and spins me back around. Before I can ask what he's doing, he crashes his lips into mine and kisses me. He kisses me like it's the last time. My body feels like there's electricity coursing through it. I can't help but kiss back. His kiss grows hungrier and needier.

I pull away to catch my breath. "Tyler.." I'm speechless. I can't think of anything to say.

Tyler smiles at me softly. "Braelynn. One chance. That's all I'm asking." He stares me down with his deep chocolate brown eyes.