14~Rude awakening

~Tyler's POV~

After we swung by her house, and she got ready, we pulled into the parking lot. As soon as she jumped out of my jeep, I could hear the bass of the country music being blasted for the people on the dance floor to dance to.

Braelynn meet me at the front of my jeep. She always had a tendency to do this. When I met her at the front, I took her hand, and started leading us to the entrance.

A few people looked our way, noticing who I was. Their gaze flowed from me, to our intertwined fingers, to Braelynn's face. I smirked. The fans could never soak up enough of my private life.

I opened the door for her without breaking our hands apart. She walked in, and I followed suit.

~~~

We get past the bouncer, if you will, and made our way to an empty table in the back of the dimly lit room. The only lights on were overhead of the people dancing.

The song changed to a more upbeat country song. I happened to like this one. I listened to the beat, and soon enough I was following along with Thomas Rhett.

I look over at Braelynn, and see that she's letting loose, joining in on Thomas as well.

"How to be proud, of that town, ain't nobody heard of. Had a big dream, 17, someday how to grow up. How to make dust fly out on a no name road, I learned it from the radio." She sang just loud enough to hear over the surprisingly loud buzz of the building's occupants.

I leaned close to her ear. "You want a drink?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I haven't had sweet tea in a while. I've been hanging out with too many Canadians." She said sarcastically.

I laughed. "Alright. I'll be back in a minute with some drinks."

She nods, then makes her way out to the dance floor. I make a B line for the bar.

I slide into one of the bar stools, waiting for the bartender to get done with his current customer.

Once he was done, I flagged him down. "Hey, buddy, can I get a sweet tea and a Bud Light draft?"

The bartender got busy. I turned around, immediately spotting Braelynn in the center of the crowd, dancing alone, and completely fearless. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I don't know if it was the lighting of the dance floor or just how happy she looked, but I couldn't keep my eyes off her.

I felt a tap on my right shoulder. I turn, and come face to face with a blonde woman maybe a few years older than me. "Ya know, you could ask to dance with her, or we could go into the bathroom and get a little frisky." She threw a wink at me, and took a shot of whiskey.

I looked at my Bud Light. I took a sip, and stood up. "Sorry, ma'am, but I came here with a lovely woman and I plan on going home with her tonight." I said as I lifted the beer up as if to say bye.

She didn't take the hint. She stood up, hovering around my height in her heels. She leaned in, connecting her lips with mine. She grabbed the hair on the back of my hair, forcing me to stay connected to her lips.

I finally pulled back, looking back at the dance floor, looking for Braelynn. I see her walking from our booth to the door. "Fuck! Braelynn!" I should helplessly. There was no way she'd hear me over the music. I could barely hear myself. I slid the bartender the drinks back his way, giving him an apologetic look.

I sprinted through the crowd, ignoring when people called my name to get my attention. I caught Braelynn before she could get out of the door. I grabbed her arm, gently, and turned her around. There were tears rolling down her cheek, dragging her mascara down with it. "Braelynn-" I say, trying to explain.

She cuts me off, mid sentence. "Just take me home, please." That's all she said before turning and making her way back out to the jeep. I watch her walk out. I put my hands in the back of my head, trying to process what just happened. "God damnit!" I punch the wall, hard enough to feel some pain, but not hard enough to put a hole in it. I begin walking back to my jeep. I get there, and I see her curled up in the passenger seat, tears still streaming down her face.

~Braelynn's POV~

Tyler kissed another girl right in front of me. I couldn't believe it. As soon as I saw, my eyes filled with tears. No point in keeping them back.

I sit in the front seat of his jeep, waiting for him to get in to drive me home. I know we aren't exactly serious, but I felt it had potential. I saw myself getting engaged, then eventually married. I pictured us and 3 children running around with Marshall and Cash. I dreamed of us growing old together and having that relationship that I always dreamed about. Having him, my rock, to go to when my world is crashing down. I wanted him to be there, by my side, for the rest of my life. It seems childish now. Now that he's gone and cheated on me with some girl drunk from all the alcohol she consumed.

I didn't want to talk to him. When he got into the drivers seat, I kept my attention on the car beside us. I couldn't bring myself to look at him. I could feel his eyes burning holes in the back of my head. That didn't bother me nearly as much as that kiss had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I literally hated myself for writing this chapter.

At first I was like "yeah.. Bray and Ty are gonna go to SJ, and dance the night away. This is gonna be a romantic chapter". Then my mind was like "Haha, just kidding! Here, how about you spice things up before the move to Dallas".

I kinda wish that I hadn't written the chapter the way I did, but it kinda leads into the next one. Sets up a perfect situation. In my mind at least.

Alright, sorry for that y'all, I hope y'all liked this chapter? If that's the right adjective to use for this particular chapter. 😂

Anywho, thank y'all for sticking with the story, and reading it up to this point, if you have. It means a lot to me. Every view I get makes me get all happy inside. Haha

Please look forward to the next chapter, and I hope y'all enjoy it!