20~Celebration

The video above is the play explained right below. Added for more detail. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see a few teenage girls with Jamie's jersey on jumping around and screaming. I can't help but laugh at them. They remind me so much of myself when I used to watch Bo at his hockey games.  It's honestly pretty embarrassing.

Abbey is sitting next to me and cheers on Kari since he redirected a puck off to the corner with his blocker as a player on the Senetors team sent snow shower into his face.

The puck flew off the blocker to the corner, which was quickly whisked out of the zone by Jordie Benn, then chipped down to Jamie in the neutral zone right inside the blue line,  causing a break away chance.

Jamie dekes Anderson and avoids the poke check from Erik Karlsson. He drug the puck with the heel of his stick blade around Anderson's left pad to poke the puck in as he crashed into the crossbar of the net.

The goal horn instantly went off and everyone rose to their feet to clap, cheer, whistle, and just make some noise.

"DALLAS! STARS! DALLAS! STARS!" Everyone in the building was chanting along with the goal song. Jamie Benn comes around the net, and skates up to John Klingberg, Jordie Benn, Patrick Eaves,and Tyler to celebrate. I cheer them on, but I keep my focus on Tyler. I don't know what is it about him, but I can't take my eyes off of him.

~~~

The final horn blares, Stars taking a commanding lead of 6-1 over the Senetors. I jump out of my seat and yell along with the rest of the Stars fans. The building is going crazy.

Kari was in net and he prevented almost all the major scoring chances from going in. He's defiantly on his game right now. It just sucks that he can't be like this every game.

I eagerly run down the stairs to the Zamboni entrance, and dash towards the locker room. Tyler may not have scored, but he played one hell of a game. He checked a few people, and managed to put at least 10 shots on goal. He also set up a few plays and earned himself a couple primary assists. One on Jamie's goal, and the other one came from Patrick Eaves' goal.

I got down to ice level as soon as the Stars where skating off the ice, and walking back to the locker room. Kari Lehtonen lead them off the ice, and Jamie Benn trailed. Tyler stayed back with Jamie. They walked up laughing and joking about God knows what.

Tyler glances up and sees me. I smile and wave to him. He waved back, childishly, causing Jamie to look at me.

Jamie smiles at me, then leans over towards Tyler. "That her?" Tyler nodded his response with his smile growing wider.

By this time, I found my way up to the rubber mat they walk on. Tyler stepped towards me. I stand on my toes attempting to kiss his lips. He laughs at me, and kisses me on my lips then on my forehead. I hugged him and smelt him. I just about gagged.. "Good game tonight, babe. Now go take a shower. You smell." I say as I shove him off to the locker room.

He laughed at me as he strode into the locker room. "Sorry, Braelynn, it's a part of the job."

~~~

Tyler and I make our way down to the parking garage. "Thanks Collin." Tyler says to Collin as he pulls up in Tyler's jeep.

Just as we're about to get into the jeep, Kari comes out of the locker room looking pretty good in his tux. He ignores us, and gives Collin a hug. "I'll see you in court." Kari says as his arms are wrapped around Collin who's laughing.

I look back at Tyler, confused. "Do you have any idea what that's about?"

Tyler nods. "Yeah. That's actually a pretty funny story."