Chapter 40

First, I'd like to thank everyone for still reading my story! It means so much to me!

Don't forget to vote and comment! I love seeing feedback from everyone!

~~~~~

The plane touched down in Toronto at nine o'clock sharp. The sun has been up for the past 2 hours, and I haven't slept at all.

Braelynn fell asleep right after the plane took off and her head has been rested up against my shoulder for the past four hours.

I gently shake my shoulder to wake her up. "Braelynn, wake up, the plane just landed."

Braelynn inhales sharply and stretches a bit. "We're in Toronto already?"

"Yeah. We have to get off." I unbuckle and start to stand up.

Braelynn groggily messes with the seatbelt and pushes herself off the seat. "I'm exhausted. Why didn't we get a flight that was earlier?"

I yawned. "There weren't any other flights to get tickets on. If I could, I would have chosen an earlier flight."

Braelynn pulls her bag from the over head compartments and almost lets it fall on top of her. "Oh shh- crap."

I chuckle and help her get the backpack on her back before reaching up and grabbing my bag.

We both make our way off the plane and to the luggage claim.

We stand and patiently wait for our bags to come around. After about thirty minutes of standing and waiting, we begin to get impatient.

"Tyler, I'm thinking that maybe our luggage got lost." Braelynn signs.

I run a hand through my hair. "Well, we'll have to go and report that it's missing." Being an avid traveler, this has happened several times to me.

Braelynn and I walk into the baggage claim office and see a heavier set man sitting behind a desk.

Softly, I knock on the door.

The man looks up at the door and motions for us to come in.

I open the door and step inside.

"Hello, can I help you with anything?" The man asks, a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Uh, yes-" I look at his name tag, "Matthew, my girlfriend and I got off our flight about forty five minutes ago and our luggage hasn't shown up.

Matthew adjusts his glasses before turning to type on his computer. He turns back to me. "Sir, may I see your tickets, please?"

I pull the ticket, that was printed off, out of my pocket and hand it to him.

Matthew's eyes open. "Mr. Seguin. I'm sorry that we have lost your luggage. Did you have anything valuable in either of the bags?"

My heart drops. The ring. I mentally cuss at myself. "Umm." My hopes rise when I remember that I had taken the ring out the night before we left and put it in my travel bag. "No. Nothing valuable was in my bag. Braelynn?"

Braelynn shakes her head. "I didn't."

Matthew nods and prints out a piece of paper. "When we find anything out about your luggage, we will call you. Here's just confirmation that you reported your luggage missing."

I thank him before walking out of his office and towards the pick up area.

As soon as I step outside I hear a familiar voice say my name.