Chapter 44

I woke up to my phone ringing, and Tyler's muscular arms wrapped around me.

He lets out a groan as he lets me go and rolls over.

I let out a breathy laugh at his half conscious reaction.

I reach over and explore the nightstand for my phone. Eventually I find it and pick it up. The phone was on it's last ring, and I luckily got to it in time.

"Braelynn! Hey, how have you been?!" The all too familiar voice came through the other end of the phone.

"Bo!" I smiled into the phone like an idiot,"I'm doing great. I just got back from Toronto yesterday."

"What's up in Toronto?" He questioned.

Tyler rolls over and motions towards my phone, "who is it?"

"Bo." I whispered to Tyler. "Uh, Bo, can we go get lunch or something?"

Bo took a second to answer, "Yeah, sure. We can go to your favorite diner. Does one o'clock sound fine?"

"It does. I'll see you then." I stated before hanging up.

Tyler looked at me, still half asleep, "What'd he want?"

"He was asking how I was doing. I guess we're going to get lunch at my favorite diner at one." I reiterated for Tyler what Bo had said.

"Then I'm going with." Tyler invites himself, then gets out of bed to go into the bathroom.

He didn't give me a chance to object, so I sigh and adjust the covers to cover up my whole body. His annoying act of crashing Bo and I's lunch 'date' has infuriated me, but I can't help but check him out as he walks away from the bed.

His hair is disheveled and he's shirtless. I watch his back muscles flex with every step he takes. I can't ever get enough of him.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He gives me a cocky smile from the bathroom mirror before he starts brushing his teeth.

That knocks me out of the trance and I mock him.

He giggled in response.

I laugh at his reaction, specifically his giggle, and eventually find the motivation to get out of bed when I smell something cooking downstairs.

A few minutes later, Tyler makes an appearance. He is still shirtless and doesn't seem to notice my mom's gawking.

My mom speaks up with a slight blush on her face. "Goodness gracious. What a sight for sore eyes."

"Mom!" I laugh and playfully hit her on the arm. "That's my man you're checking out."

Tyler chuckles and displays his trademark smirk as he walks over to me. Before doing anything else, he wraps me in a hug, placing a few soft kisses on my temple.

I heard my mom chuckle a bit, but continue to cook the eggs and bacon on the stove.

I hug Tyler back and lean my head on his chest, listening to the beat of his heart. It beats faster every moment I spend listening to it.

Tyler watches me, intently. A bigger smirk forming on his face.

"Ah, so you're being cocky?" I give him a playful shove to go alone with my sassy remark.

Tyler's smirk turns into a smile, followed by a nod. "I've always heard I'm sexier when I'm cocky."

I laugh. "I believe the adjective was 'hot', not 'sexy'. I wasn't that bold."