4~Confession

I sit in my truck reliving what just had happened. My heart is still thumping uncontrollably. I was so close to kissing him.

I couldn't help but think about Bo. What would he think of this? "Oh crap, Bo!" I pull my phone out of my pocket, and look through my contacts, finally finding Bo's in the mix of things. I pressed call. It rang 2 times, and he answered.

"Hey Bray." I could hear him smiling through the phone.

"Hey Bo, where are you? I showed up to see you at practice, but I didn't see you." I pushed Tyler to the back of my mind, not wanting to risk bring up anything. Not now at least.

I heard voices on the other end of the phone that weren't Bo's. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I flew back up here to Canada to see my parents."

I smiled. I adored his parents. They were some of the kindest people I've ever met. They used to live down here in Texas. That's how I knew Bo. We were best friends as kids. We always did everything together. He taught me how to play hockey, and was always there for me when I needed him.

"Let them know I said hi, and that I've missed them." I laughed a little. I really did miss them. It's been a while since I've seen them.

"Will do. Hold up.... Mom! Dad! Bray wanted me to tell you hi and that she's missed you!" He yelled to his parents."They said that they missed you, too."

"I'm gonna let you go cause I have to go home and help my mom with the horses. I'll see you when you get back to Texas?" I didn't know if I was going to tell him about Tyler or not.

"You sure will." He responded quickly.

"Alright. Have fun. Bye." I said as I hung up the phone.

"Bye." He said before I ended the call.

~~~

After helping my mom with the horses, I went inside to take a shower. That's when I notice the paper Tyler had slid into my waistband. I pull it out, and read what it says. It has his number, and underneath that it demanded 'call me'.

My stomach filled with butterflies. He wanted me to call him.

I wanted to, but should I?

I don't even know what Bo thinks about him yet.. I decided to hold off, and get Bo's opinion of Tyler.

~Tyler's POV~
I paced a bit when I got home, wondering if she got the paper, or if it fell out. I finally sat down on the couch, and turned on the tv. I turned on the Dallas Stars game, trying to push Braelynn to the back of my mind. It didn't work. It was no use. I needed to see her. I wanted to pick up where I left off with her.

~Braelynn's POV~
Bo texted me telling me he should be landing in Dallas shortly. I grab my keys, my phone, and I head out the door. Once in my truck, I drive off to meet him at the airport.

~~~

Once I get there I wait for Bo to claim his luggage, and come out to he truck. I finally see him after sitting there for 30 minutes.

"Welcome back to Dallas, Bo." I said as he climbed into the truck.

Once Bo got buckled, I started driving off. "Bo, I have a question.. About Tyler Seguin."

Bo looked over at me. "Shoot."

I bit my lip thinking about whether to ask of his approval, or of his opinion. I choose the opinion route. "I was wondering what you thought of him. Like as a person, not as a hockey player." I say looking back and forth from him back to the road.

Bo thought for a second. "Throughout training camp, I noticed that he could be cocky, but aside from that he's a pretty nice guy. But he does have a horrible record with girls..."  When I heard Bo say that my body tensed up a bit. 'Great.' I thought to myself. 'This should be fun.'

When Bo brought up cockiness I blushed a bit. I looked at Bo for a second, and returned my eyes to the road. "I umm.. I" I didn't know how to finish my sentence.

Bo looked at me waiting for the rest of the words to spill out. "You what?"

I took in a big breath, and began to attempt to tell him what happened. "I thought Jack was the last out of the locker room, and we stayed and talked for a few minutes. When Jack left, Tyler came out of the locker room. We walked and talked to the parking lot. I let something slip that I was thinking, and he pinned me up against a wall." I left out the part where she slip his number into my waistband. "We almost kissed, but his phone rang. I don't know what happened. I don't know why I didn't walk off or.." I rambled on trying to explain myself.

Bo beside me in the passenger seat didn't look happy with me. "You almost kissed Seguin, eh?"

I nodded.

"What happened to Thomas?" Bo asked puzzled.

"He broke up with me before the game against the Wild." I say sheepishly.

Bo nodded. "Oh.. I don't think it's a good idea if you get involved with a guy like Seguin. I mean you can do what you want, but I don't want you to get hurt. Please stay away from him for me."

I looked at him and nodded. I don't know if I could keep this promise.

~~~

When I got home, I found the slip of paper right where I had left it before I got in the shower earlier.

I dialed the number, and pressed call.

The phone rang two times, and he picked up.

"Hey Tyler, this is Braelynn."