22~Mistakes

"Tyler, say something to me, please." I begged him. "I'm sorry. He gave me some stronger alcohol, and with me being such a lightweight, I got drunk off of it. If I wasn't drunk, I never would have done that. You know that. Tyler, why aren't you talking? I get that you're mad, but we have to talk about it. We can't just keep pretending like it never happened." I say, holding back tears. "Tyler, please. I've almost lost you once. I don't want to go through that again."

Tyler grunted a bit. "You almost lost me last time before you even knew the whole story. I'm pretty sure I can piece things together. Your dress was on the floor, your lipstick is messed up and on Nuke's lips, and Nuke's shirt was unbuttoned. I'm not stupid, Braelynn."  He ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "Why Val?"

I look at him, confused. "What do you mean?"

"Out of all the guys here, why'd you choose Val to do that with?" Tyler asked emotionally.

"Tyler, you do realize I'm still drunk right now? The alcohol is what caused all of this." Tears that have been building up begin to fall.

Tyler shakes his head. "I understand that, but that still doesn't make any of what you did right. Just get out of here. I can't be around you right now."

Jamie ushered me into the front seat of his car before Tyler could say another word.

~~~

The car ride back to Tyler's house was silent and awkward. "Jamie.." I say, barely audible.

He looks glances over at me, his face emotionless. "What?" A tang of anger played with his voice.

"You don't think I'd honestly go out and hook up with another guy, do you?" I blurted out as not to be choked up by tears.

Jamie looked over at me and shrugged. "I hope you're not that kinda girl. I don't think Tyler would have chosen you if he thought you were that type of person. I think that Nuke took advantage of you there, though."

I nodded. "It all just happened so fast. The drinks had kicked into me a little bit and Val was being really.. bold, I guess. I.." the tears came back.

Jamie nodded. "Just go home and sleep it off and you'll be fine. He'll talk to you about it once he's ready. "

I give Jamie a soft smile. "Thanks Jamie. I just really don't think Tyler or I could look at myself the same way anymore, ya know?"

Jamie nodded. "Just don't worry about it. Tayler will clam down and he'll get over it. I honestly believes that he loves you."

I nod, tears falling from my eyes still. "Thank you again, Jamie. I don't even know why you're still talking to me. I literally just cheated on your bestfriend with one of your teammates."

Jamie shook his head. "Braelynn, you're an awesome girl, and I don't think you would have done that if you were sober."

I give him a hug before stepping out of the car.

Jamie waits for me to get out of the car, and leaves without another word.

I stumble up the stairs, barely making it up to the level. I unlock the door and go immediately to the closet. I grab the closest suit case, pull several shirts off their hangers, and I start packing. He obviously doesn't want to see me. Why would he want to see me when he got home?

Before I can do anything else, my emotions take over again. The tears make it even harder to walk so I give up and sit down against the wall outside the bedroom door as I let it all out. "Why the hell did I do this?! Why did Val do this?" I scream as I realize what I'm getting ready to do.