An Intimate Moment,Sesshomaru and Shizuka

Sitting near the warmth of the campfire before them,Shizuka sat close to the crackling fire. Allowing it's gentle warmth to warm her once shivering body. Gripping onto the white kimono dropped over her shoulder,Shizuka couldt help but to smile at the sudden gentleness Sesshomaru had shown her. It was true it was simply a kimono but it held a deeper meaning. It showed one thing to her. He cared for her,more than he would ever let on. Quietly Shizuka nuzzled her face into the fabric of the kimono inhaling the soothing aroma belonging to Sesshomaru. Now she knew for a fact he did not think of her as a weak human. But something more. She didn't quite know what exactly but just knowing her cared was enough for her. For now. In the corner of her eye Shizuka noticed Sesshomaru's eyes on her,and she couldn't help but to flash a warm smile at him. As soon as he realized she was smiling at him. The young demon lord tore his gaze from her. Feelings that he was not too sure he even owned plaguing his mind.

Nervonuess,happiness and ownership. Yes,even at that moment he wanted that woman. He wanted to own her. To take her as his own,and never allow anyone to touch her but him. But where exactly did these feelings come from? Making sure that the others even Jaken were fast asleep,Shizuka rose to her feet. And made her way towards the quiet Sesshomaru,who remained silent and his gaze transfixed elsewhere. "Lord Sesshomaru?"Shizuka called out causing the white haired demon to turn towards her.

His amber eyes fixated upon the beautiful woman before him who continue to wear his kimono. And he strangely found himself silently complimenting her on how lovely she looked dressed in his robes. He even wondered if he should allow her to keep the kimono,thinking it would a nice gift to her. But why? Why did he want to give his kimono to her? Is it because of the fact that his scent would be on hers and no demon would dare touch her? Or did he simply relish the fact that Shizuka wearing his kimono pleased him?

Sesshomaru shook these thoughts from his mind before asking the lovely creature before him what she wanted. He watched how she shyly played with a loose strand of her raven hair and held back a chuckle. She was nervous. And he liked it. "I just wanted to thank you for earlier My Lord. You aided me in my time of need and....allowed me to wear your kimono. So...thank you."Shizuka stated with a warm smile. A smile that shook Sesshomaru to the core. He liked her smile,in fact he had grown quite accustomed to her smile. Her face. And most of all to her.

"It was nothing,you may keep the kimono. It suits you."Sesshomaru answered giving the already smiling woman another compliment which seemed to only make her smile even more. Shizuka bowed her head out of respect for Sesshomaru,her smile never leaving face. "You are too kind My Lord. Thank you,I will keep this kimono as a token of my gratitude."Shizuka said with a smile before turning on her heels to return to her place near the fire. But the shockingly warm hand of Sesshomaru took hold of her arm. Stopping her from moving any further from him.

In utter confusion Shizuka turned to meet the gold eyes belonging to Sesshomaru who was carefully not to hurt her,as he tugged the young woman to his side. She gasped before being brought to sit by Sesshomaru who wrapped a large piece of white fur around her for extra warmth. She could have sworn this was his tail of some sort but she loved how fluffy and warm it was. "As I told you,I will not allow you to leave my side."Sesshomaru informed the hauntingly beautiful woman who peered towards Sesshomaru in both utter shock and happiness."As you wish,My Lord."Shizuka whispered before gently laying her head against the warm fur before her.

This was nice,having a moment with the Great Dog Demon who had taken her in. She had grown quite fond of him. No perhaps fondness was not the word for him. It was more,a word that she was not quite ready to admit to herself. And Shizuka was sure Sesshomaru was not ready or willing to admit an emotion as strong as that. Not now,and quite possibly not yet. But for now just being by his side was enough for her. She could stay by his side and perhaps thaw out that frozen heart of his.

And maybe he too could open up her own heart. Yes. Maybe,just maybe. Maybe this is how it was suppose to be. A human and a demon coexisting side by side. Perhaps this is his it was suppose to be in this harsh times of theirs. Moments of utter peace were rare in these times but for now both Sesshomaru and Shizuka would enjoy these fleeting moments together. Because things would only prove more difficult from there on.