The Cunning Empress and the Protective Emperor

Lord Sesshomaru sat within the confinement of his private study. Where piled upon his desk were many requests from his lands. Requests that had continued to grow upon the birth of his children. Since that Moonless night yokai activity had increased drastically. To such an extent that even Sesshomaru's two main generals were unable to keep up with the vastly growing yokai. Which dared to lay waste to Sesshomaru's lands. Plundering, murder. The decimation of land that Sesshomaru strove to create. In order to provide for his family, and he would be damned if he saw it go to ruin. Releasing a heavy sigh Sesshomaru glanced across the many requests for yokai removal. Knowing that he could not afford to break formation in East. For Sesshomaru had planned to invade the land very soon and make them his own. He could not afford to hesitate, but Sesshomaru was unsure of exactly of who to assign to thess tasks.

After scanning the many requests for yokai removal; Sesshomaru came across a single request the piped his interest. And above all it was one that desperately needed to be dealt with immediately. But resources were limited. With Sesshomaru's remaining forces concentrating on infiltration of the East. Which included Sesshomaru's two Generals in enemy territory Sesshomaru had no one to send. In truth Sesshomaru would normally leave to deal with important manners such as this alone. Yet, with Shizuka still recovering Sesshomaru was not very willing to leave her side. Gritting his teeth Sesshomaru leaned back in his chair, his brow furrowed as he continued to think on the topic.

"I wondered where you went off to." Spoke the voice that Sesshomaru loved more than anything. Snapping him from his deepest thoughts, Sesshomaru rose his head to meet the gleaming emerald gaze of Shizuka herself. His beautiful mate whom now sat on his desk. Wearing nothing but a sheer white kimono, allowing Sesshomaru to see his mate in all her glory. An evident smirk appeared on Shizuka's lips aa she noticed Sesshomaru eying her petite form. "Forgive me for leaving your side. I have important manners to tend to." Sesshomaru explained struggling to stop himself from pouncing on her delicate form. Wishing not to fall into temptation at the wrong time. Upon noticing the tense look in Sesshomaru's eyes, Shizuka immediately changed her approach. Sensing that something was bothering her beloved,Shizuka walked around the desk. Wrapping her arms around Sesshomaru's shoulders, all the while nuzzling her face into his silver locks.

"If the situation tears you from my side then it must be dire." Shizuka whispered into his ear, her warm breath tickling Sesshomaru's earlobe making him shudder ever so slightly. "Indeed, we have trouble rising in the lands. And I've no one to deal with the threat." Sesshomaru informed his mate whom listened to his words, pondering them before she spoke." Surely we have at least one capable warrior left in the lands." She began as Sesshomaru shook his head stating he only had two warriors. But they had not yet completed their training, and Sesshomaru did not wish to waste their lives on victory that was unobtainable.

Shizuka gently rest her hand upon Sesshomaru's, allowing him to squeeze her hand in order to both comfort and sooth himself. " Sesshomaru." Shizuka called out, her voice demanding which told Sesshomaru his Empress wished to break words with him. For whenever she spoke his full name when not in the comforts of their bedchamber, his name for foreign to Shizuka's lips. Still respectfully submitting to the Yokai to a degree. Calling him Lord, while Sesshomaru took pleasure in using Shizuka's name freely. Along with nicknames and titles such as "Mate" or the most recent as of late. "Empress". A name of power foreign to Shizuka, yet she did not dislike it.

Though Sesshomaru sometimes detested when Shizuka spoke his name. Especially when she would become angry, which was quite rare. One time was enough for Sesshomaru to realize one should never anger a Goddess. Shivering at the thought Sesshomaru cleared his throat, allowing Shizuka the floor to speak. Choosing her words wisely Shizuka spoke knowing she would have to prove how capable the person she had in mind for this mission.

After all Shizuka had gazed upon the request scribbled on scroll in Sesshomaru's grasp. This was the perfect opportunity to gain much more than Sesshomaru woulf ever expect. " I have watched from afar, and though I have not met her in person as of yet. I know Hisuri is more than capable of this mission." Shizuka began her words immediately stirred Sesshomaru as he shook his head. Words flying out of his mouth, rash maybe but meaningful in the end. " I will not send our daughter untrained into battle. And against a Dragon God none the less, I forbid it." Sesshomaru hissed his words strict and straight to the point. But Shizuka was not backing down from this.

"You've seen Hisuri havent you? She's strong, with our blood flowing through her veins Hisuri is a God. Have you forgotten?" Shizuka questioned as Sesshomaru shook his head informing his very outspoken wife that he wished for his children not to solely rely on the hybrid blood which granted them strength. He wanted them to be skilled, disciplined, and learn the meaning of hardwork. And that blood could only get them so far. "I am not saying for them to become dependent on that power. I want you to let them blossom. Let Hisuri spread her wings and fly, this is her world. One she may rule one day." Shizuka began as she reached out to her beloved, caressing his cheek lovingly. "She is our daughter, have a little faith in her. Let her out of this cage, and into the world. It will be good for her, and even more for you." Shizuka began with a smile knowing she had piqed Sesshomaru's interest.

"Explain yourself." He breathed as Shizuka smiled knowing she had won. "The Dragon God happens to be an old acquaintance of mine. He owes me a debt that must be paid. He is a rash one and respects nothing but raw power. And that is something Hisuri has. When she earns his respect the Dragon God will pay his debt in full. With that you will granted his aid in the battles to come and so much more." Shizuka informed, sealing the deal with Sesshomaru who liked the thought of having more firepower to back them up. He also knew Hisuri was fairly talented, he did not doubt that. Sesshomaru simplt did not wish to see his little girl injured.

"Hisuri can handle this." Shizuka ensured all the while gently kissing Sesshomaru's lips. Leaving a sweet and gentle kiss on his tingling lips. "Very well, I will send for Hisuri tonight. You should meet her before she leaves." Sesshomaru pointed out as Shizuka nodded stating she waas simply waiting for the perfect moment. Just as she had with Souma. Accepting his mate's answer Sesshomaru leaned back into his chair, relaxing his sore limbs. While Shizuka hoisted herself Sesshomaru's lap,leaving a trail of kisses down his neck. " You've done well my Lord, allow me....to repay you in full." Shizuka whispered into Sesshomaru's ear, nibbling ever so gently.

Causing the burning desire to conquer the Goddess before him began to take over. His breathing deeply labored as Shizuka continued her tortuous actions. It was moments like this that Sesshomaru remembered why he truly loved this woman. She was a rose, beautiful to gaze upon. Glimmering in the sun allowing all to gaze upon them,but under thoss roots were thorns. That would prick and injure all who dared to harm the rose. And Shizuka was no different, she was infact the rose. Able to bend Sesshomaru to her will, and deep down Sesshomaru loved it.

Closing his eyes Sesshomaru soon gave into temptation, roughly pinning Shizuka's to his desk. While his hands eagerly roamed her voluptious form, making Shizuka moan after every touch. With the thoughts of war and missions nothinf but an after thought Sesshomaru gaze into his urges knowing soon he would have to awaken from his paradise. But not just yet.