Nightmare

The air crackled with black flames which devoured all in its path. While the war cries of yokai echoed throughout the once peaceful villa. The blaze crawling up towards the sanctuary from which Sesshomaru prayed his family had made it to safety. For Sesshomaru himself stood outside the door. Using his body to barricade the door, all the while the silver haired yokai hacked and slashed through the oncoming yokai. The yokai foaming at the mouth, releasing roars of anger. Charging towards Sesshomaru who quickly dealt with them. Sheathing his blade before turning his gaze towards Souma. Relief evident on his father who ushered Souma to his side.

"What is happening,father?" Souma questioned as the screams of servants echoed around them. Innocent blood being spilt before the two men, causing Sesshomaru to scowl at the predicament. "They have attack at last..."Sesshomaru began as he stood tall, before hearing the sounds of many footsteps making their way towards the men. With his amber orbs glinting with rage,Sesshomaru drew his blade once more. Standing beside Souma who also drew his own katana. Choosing to stand by his father's side and fight.

"When you have the chance find your sister." Sesshomaru ordered as the hoard of yokai began to close in on the two. The black flames threatening to devour even Sesshomaru, who hissed at the blaze. "But you and mother-" "We haven't the time for arguing! Your sister and you are our legacy! You must go!" Sesshomaru exclaimed as a single orge yokai appeared in the forye. Swinging its vast club about, destroying the walls and the window. Clenching his teeth Souma prepared to strike. Gripping onto his katana, with one swift move Souma stepped forward. With all his might he brought his blade down upon the ogre's left shoulder.

The steel cutting through the horrid flesh with ease. Its blood splattering across the ceiling and walls, bathing Souma in the monster's blood. Sesshomaru watched his son, pride evident in his gaze. As he watched Souma effortlessly take down the yokai. His katana glinting in the moonlight, as Souma swiftly twirled around on his heels. Creating a vast twister of blades which easily dispatched the remaining yokai. Their mutilated bodies decorating the floor in a lovely hue of red.

Taking a moment to catch his breathe,Souma turned his gaze to his father. Who simply nodded at his son, watching as Souma swiftly took his leave. Dashing down the hallway in search of Hisuri. Panicked at the bloody scene which unfolded before him. Souma spotted his home. The safety that was the villa he had been raised in set aflame. Unnatural black flames crawling along every surface leaving nothing but ash in its place. Clenching his teeth Souma made his way to the battleground. Noticing many of his father's army standing their ground against the yokai. Many declaring they would not die by the hands of lesser beings.

Souma commented the soldiers for their commitment, swords in hand. And remaining in formation, the group of yokai and human soldiers charged. Taking down quite a chunk of enemy yokai due to their strategy. Deciding they could handle themselves Souma continued his search for Hisuri. The air now thick with soot as Souma let out a cough as he called out for his sister admits the flames. Concentrating,Souma willed his aura to aid him in his endeavour. Seeking the familiar aura that belonged to Hisuri. Which appeared to be not too far away, but something was different. Hisuri's aura had changed into something Souma was not entirely sure of. Yet even so he ran to his sister.

Who stood silently among a circle of corpses. Their eyes wide in fear, as Hisuri's gaze loomed over them. A low smirk forming on her lips, as she kicked one of the corpses over to reveal the face of Shizuka. Her body horribly mutilated. Almost unrecognizable, she continued to gasp for air. Shizuka's emerald orbs begging Hisuri for mercy. As Hisuri slowly drew one of her many blades, tipping Shizuka's head back slightly. It was then that Shizuka saw the dangerous crimson glow which had taken her dear daughter.

Shizuka couldn't help but to shed tears as she whispered an apology to Hisuri. Apologizing for failing as a mother. Stating she was unable to protect her from her fate. Hearing this Hisuri swiftly plunged the blade into Shizuka's abdomen, her gold blood leaking from the wound. And spreading across the earth around her. Souma cried out for his mother, his feet moving on their own as Souma found himself charging towards Hisuri. Tackling her to the ground with great force. Souma using his weight to pin Hisuri to the ground. Her body thrashing beneath Souma in anger. As her blood orbs bore into his amber ones. Chilling Souma to the core for Souma no longer saw his sister. No instead he saw a demoness who had only one intent. To kill them all. But why?

"Why Hisuri?! Why?!!!" Souma screamed unable to hold back his rage and pain. As Souma struggled to hold back his sobs, a single tear rolling down his cheek. Hitting Hisuri's cheek, seeming to possibly awaken something within Hisuri. She opened her mouth to speak, before swiftly plunging a hidden daggar on her person into Souma's chest. Souma gasped in pain, slowly peering down to the fresh wound. From which Souma's glistening gold blood spilled on Hisuri and the ground. Gripping onto his wound Souma was roughly pushed to the ground by his sister. Who loomed over his weakened form, a sinister smile played upon her lips.

"Because I ordered her to." A voice stated from the shadows, all the while Souma struggled to remain conscious. His vision heavily blurred before he felt the sudden coldness of a blade, this time piercing his heart. Upon this Souma collapsed to the ground, a sea of amber surrounding his fallen form. As Hisuri quietly peered down to he deceased mother and brother. Her blade still slick with their unique blood.

She then quietly returned to the side of her new master. Who allowed Hisuri to melt away into the darkness. Leaving nothing but carnage and heartbreak in their wake. All the while after securing the villa,Sesshomaru followed the scent of blood to the horrid scene of Souma and Shizuka. The Daiyokai falling to his knees,pain evident within him. As Sesshomaru carefully brought the mutilated body of his mate, and son into his arms. Craddling his two lost treasures all the while releasing a painfilled howl into the night sky. Sesshomaru's world had finally come crumbling down for the last time. And now he was forever and truly alone.