Blood & A Corrupt Birth

Readers Note,

Happy Halloween 🎃🎃🎃 Everyone! Time for a long chapter for you guys and a dedication. Also I will be working on a Teen Wolf fanfic soon! I'm so excited guys! Stay safe and happy reading!

Dedicated to @Rosie9767
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sky became a haunting pitch black hue, one that sent shivers down the spines of all. Sesshomaru gazed upon the gloomy sky his nerves on edge as the wails of Shizuka rippled through the air. Breaking the great Daiyokai's concentration as his mate cried out for him. He was immediately at her side, clutching her clammy hand as she her breathing labored. Her eyes were upon him, weeping even. Those lovely emerald orbs brimming with tears as pain made itself known to the Maiden once more. Gritting her teeth, Shizuka cried out. Her back arching towards the sky above while her mother Shouko remained at her bedside. Kneeling down the Celestial Maiden clasped her hands together in a prayer. Allowing her divine silver aura to ripple around the vibrantly. Spreading across the very Western Lands itself. While surrounding the entire villa were hundreds of Celestials. All interlocked and in deep prayer allowing their own divine aura to travel across the skies. Lighting places that were once dark, hoping all their combined power would be enough. Their very life force being drained at this endeavour. But it was necessary for their very exsistence. This they knew and what was pushed these Heavenly Beings to their full potential. Both men and women. Each praying that only light would be born from the womb of Shizuka.

And Shizuka felt their will cover her as if it were a veil. The very prayers of her kind causing Shizuka a moment of rare comfort even as blood poured from between her legs;and the very earth shook beneath her. The tremors causing the lights to flicker and a gnarly gash which divided the room in two. Gritting her teeth Shizuka released a loud wail into the air; tears streaming down her cheeks. She cried not for herself but her children both her and present. She cried for her newborn child, for Rin, Souma and Hisuri. Begging the very heavens to keep her children safe when she could not. Sesshomaru gazed upon his pain wracked mate, biting his bottom lip. The Daiyokai refusing to leave his beloved's side, even as this birth alone threatened to destroy their home. He could always build a new one, but there would be only one Shizuka.

Planting a kiss upon her clammy forehead, Sesshomaru held onto Shizuka's hand. Bringing it to his face as he whispered. Words only for Shizuka's ears that made the young woman shed tears of joy. Her pain forgotten as she felt the overwhelming love Sesshomaru held for her. "You are my mate, surely you will not fall this easily. Right, my Empress." He believed in her, and that was enough to give Shizuka the strength she needed. Holding onto Sesshomaru and the midwife in the room,Shizuka began to push. Believing with all her heart that her child would be born free of Shinimi's influence. She had to believe that. All the while perched upon a nearby cliff Naraku stood. Clad in his baboon pelt, a smirk evident upon his face at the sight before him. For to his left a putrid miasma began to sweep across the lands. Decaying all vegetation and life it touched, and it was nearing the Western Lands at last to his glee. He watched as the purple miasma whipped across the border at last draping into the Western Lands, only to be sizzled away upon contact with a silver barrier of flames. Created by the hundreds of Celestials of the heavens.

Naraku clicked his tongue in irritation, this would not be the end of the plan. No,it would be successful. Shinimi would live once more,growling Naraku extended his arms towards the barrier. Allowing thousands of yokai to spill from his robes of all shapes and sizes. Each baring their fangs towards the barrier and waning Celestials behind it. Many of them struggled to even stand, their bodies shaking. Naraku knew it would only be a matter of time before the barrier was no more. And he would have the infant born to Sesshomaru and Shizuka. The child which would soon hold the soul of the fallen Celestial Maiden Shinimi. Yes, he was sure of this. Even with the sudden spike of blood crimson demonic aura which still pierced the black sky. The aura seeming as red as molten lava and just as devestating. For now Yoru would deal with that. This was where Naraku needed to be. Waiting for her.