Abnormal #2

A year had passed since Mark and Jack first met, now they were best friends and everyone knew it. It was hard to miss after all. Felix still hung around with them, but Aaron kind of drifted off to another group of people unfortunately. The Swedish boy had met someone called Ryan, but he preferred Cry. They were officially dating and had been for a few months. Mark never thought Felix swung that way, but apparently he did. Two other people had joined the little group, Bob and Wade were their names. They both had girlfriends, Mandy and Molly, and they were all pretty good friends to say the least.

"Markimoo! Marky! Mark!" Jack shouted, waking his friend up suddenly. He'd fallen asleep in French, again, and the teacher was out the room so what better way was there to wake someone up? He giggled and went back to writing down the foreign words in his book, getting confused like always. Mark rubbed his eyes and looked at the board, mind blanking at the weird scribbling that the French called 'words' and wondering what the hell was going on.

"I don't get it." Was all he said before looking at Jack's book and coping everything down like every other French lesson he had with Jack. The green haired boy looked at him for a second before shrugging to himself, letting him do what he was doing since he was a nice person like that.

"Ah, Mark, you're awake! Have a nice sleep?" The teacher who was suddenly at the front of the class asked, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Mark, still leaning over to see Jack's work, paused and looked up, stuttering stupidly. He flushed with embarrassment and smiled nervously as some other students giggled slightly, looking up at the flustered boy. "Maybe next time instead of coping Sean's work, you should pay attention in class and not fall asleep."

Jack cringed a little at the sound of his real name, remembering the hundreds of times he told the teacher to call him Jack, not Sean. Everyone knew it, and everyone followed the rule, except her. The sound of the name pissed him off. Sean. He felt like it didn't fit him, and the fact that whenever he heard it he couldn't help but think of his parents made it worse. "Miss, it's Jack. Stop calling me Sean, that's not my name."

"It's Sean on the register so that's what I'm calling you."

Jack practically growled and glared at the woman, picking up his book and throwing it in the box before storming out of the room with his bag slung over his shoulder. Now that he was more confident, his attitude wasn't great, but it was never the way it was today. He was a nice person until you pissed him off. Whenever Jack did something like this, it would surprise Mark slightly since he's so used to the small, bubbly, Irish boy. Jack always said he got it from his father with a small, emotionless laugh. Mark never understood what that meant.

"Mark, go after him please, and remember to bring him back." The teacher sighed, going back to speaking in the weird language and ignoring the fact that Mark grabbed his bag and left, obviously not having any intention of coming back.

He walked around the corridors for a while before chewing on his bottom lip and coming to a stand still in the middle of the isle. He sighed loudly, pulling out his phone and texting Jack to see where the hell he actually was. After a while, he finally got one back saying that he was in the technology storage cupboard. Why he was in there, he had no idea.

"What are you doing in here? Surely the toilets and more... Spacey." He asked after he found the boy, who was curled up in a ball and sat in the corner of the tiny space. He only shrugged, accidently hitting a ledge and knocking a light bulb over. It smashed.

"Why not?"

"Are you okay? You're not usually this bad when someone mentions that name." Mark questioned cautiously, kneeling down in front of his friend as he lifted his face. He shook his head, a few tears quite obviously falling down his cheeks. Even thought it wasn't all that bright, the American still saw. "What happened?"

"Just... Things are rough, I guess..."

"Jack, what's wrong?"

"I'm so confused, Mark." He suddenly sobbed, pulling Mark into a tight embrace. He hid his face in his friend's chest, sniffing and crying. This stunned Mark a little, having his friend cry his eyes out in a technology cupboard. Jack never cried, not if he was around anyway, he was always strong and optimistic.

"Confused?" He asked quietly, stroking his hair with one hand while the other ran up and down his back. He comforted him the best he knew how, not wanting to see such a happy person so upset and tearful.

"I've been h-having these moments when I-I can't take my eyes off you, Mark. Where I c-cant get you off my mind. Y-Your always there, with that smile of yours and t-those gorgeous eyes. Can you just stop it for one second? Stop being such an amazing person so I have a chance to breathe? Man, I don't get it. Why do I have these stupid feelings for you just so my life can be harder than it already is. I've probably lost the only support I have by saying this. My parents don't give a shit about me, my friends might but not as much as you do. I need to understand all this but I can't. Why is love so difficult?" He finally finished, looking up at Mark to see his genuinely shocked expression. His jaw was slightly ajar and his eyes were wide like he was scared or something, even though he wasn't.

He tried to speak words but he couldn't. It was like he was underwater, his muffled cries disappearing into the ocean, but it wasn't like that at all. It was and it wasn't. He felt like he was drowning, not in water, but in the difficult situation that was happening right now. He couldn't breathe, he couldn't move, the only thing he would do was stare in awe and shock.

"I knew you wouldn't take it lightly. Who am I kidding, you hate me don't you?"

Jack saying that was enough to pull him away from his thoughts and back into reality, and he quickly shook his head, shutting his mouth and blinking a few times. "Hate you? Who the hell do you think I am? How could I hate someone like you? That's just stupid. Stop being stupid, it doesn't suit you." He spoke quickly, hugging him tightly and nuzzling his face into the crook of Jack's neck.

"W-What?"

Mark pulled away and rolled his eyes, shaking his head with a smile. He quickly leant forward and pressed his lips against Jack's, who gave out a muffled yelp in response. He felt the boy's body stiffen at his touch and his hands grabbed Mark's shirt, gripping it tightly. Jack felt like the air had been knocked from his body as he struggled to breathe with his lips against Mark's. He never thought he'd be able to say that him and Mark had kissed, but now he could and he loved him. He finally pressed back, eyes fluttering closed as he melted into the feeling.

Finally, Jack had something good to look forward to.