Lightning

Mark had been living in Ireland for a few months now, and had already made friends with his next door neighbour, Sean Mcloughlin (Although he preferred to be called Jack, normally.) After he had heard the loud laughs and screams coming from the house next to his, he realised they had the same job: YouTube.

It was such a coincidence, an amazing one at that. Sometimes Mark would just laugh in the middle of a recording because the loud Irishman would occasionally shout "SCREW YOU BILLY!!" at the top of his lungs.

Mark would also watch his videos sometimes. After Jack had told him his channel name, he instantly became a fan, as did Jack with Mark's channel. With that said, though, they hadn't recorded together yet, actually, non of their fans even knew they lived next to each other. They knew Mark didn't live in L.A. anymore, but all they knew is that he lived in "Ireland".

The rain was coming down hard tonight, loud cracks of thunder echoing throughout the house, bright bolts of lightning piercing the heavens. It was a beautiful sight. It really was. Pale reds and faded violets broke out from under the gold encrusted clouds, painting their colours over the skyline like a three year olds piece of artwork, it being breath taking and spectacular nonetheless. Platinum stars were thrown across the horizon like the rain drops on the windows, and a single comet skimmed the fantastic glow of the setting sun that spread throughout the brilliant sky, their appearance being a gleaming silver thread, sparkling with their natural, phenomenal beauty as they flew.

As beautiful as it was, it was best to stay inside and enjoy the view from there. Mark may've loved the rain, but sitting outside in it and getting drenched was not something he was a fan of. Who would want to get soaked through and probably catch a cold, or at a push, hypothermia?

Suddenly, a blinding flash of lightning struck the Earth, and it all went dark. The lights in the house blacked out, his computer shut itself off completely. Everything electrical except his phone just.. Died.

Mark groaned loudly and rolled his eyes, far from amused by the sudden power outage. He pushed himself away from the window and went to grab his phone off of his computer desk when there was a loud knock at his door. He paused and turned his head towards the spiral stairs from his room, raising an eyebrow in suspicion of who it would be.

He picked up his phone and shoved it in the back pocket of his jeans, jogging out the room and making his way down the stairs, towards the front door. It was probably Jack coming to check if he was okay or something, seeing as his power would've gone out as well.

Mark pulled open his front door to be met with electric blue eyes looking his way. The shorter male smiled brightly at him, despite the miserable weather outside, his wet green hair flattening on top of his head as the rain continued to pour down.

"Oh so y'er ok then. Well I guess I'll leave now!" Jack joked with his thick Irish accent, smiling widely with his arms folded over his chest. He turned to walk away, only to be stopped by Mark grabbing his arm and pulling the Irishman into the house.

"Hey! D'you mind?" The green haired man squeaked, followed by one of his cute giggles. The corners of Mark's lips tugged up into a smile, a light chuckle making it's way out. Once Jack was inside the house, Mark closed the door and turned to his friend, smile still plastered across his face.

"I'm just lonely, so I've kidnapped you and now I'm going to hold you hostage for a few months." He joked, grinning now. Jack faked a hurt gasp, placing a hand on his heart and pouting.

"You wouldn't!" He cried, playing along with Mark's stupid, humorous joke. 

"I would."

"Nah you wouldn't, ya goober." Jack waved his hand as to shoo Mark away, turning around and walking to the living room. Mark rolled his eyes and followed his friend, accidently walking into him since it was hard to see.

"Maybe we should light some candles or something." Mark suggested, grabbing Jack's hand as he was about to fall over. He nodded in agreement and they both went searching for some candles to light and some matches to light them with.

- - - - - - - - - -

The two were now sat in the middle of the front room, on the floor, talking to each other in the light of the burning candles. A few laughs were shared, a few secrets, and they just got to know each other more and more as the night went on.

Now it was silent. Mark was playing with a little bit of fluff he found on the floor, and Jack was just.. Staring at him. Mark didn't seem to notice, but Jack was watching his every movement and taking in every detail about him

Fluffy, brown and blue hair, chocolate brown eyes, slightly tanned skin, metal framed glasses, muscular arms. Even his clothes were amazing. Black and red flannel, black skinny jeans and white socks. Everything about him was just.. Perfect.

Mark's eyes shifted upwards, staring back into Jack's eyes for a second before the younger male quickly looked away, averting  his eyes somewhere else. Mark just smiled, though, finding his actions adorable, along with the pink hue that covered his friend's cheeks.

"Why were you staring at me?" Jack could hear the smile in his voice, and he looked at the American once again. He smiled back just as warmly and shuffled over to Mark, embracing him in a tight hug, one that was hard to deny. He pressed his face into the crook of his neck and giggled,

"I'm just glad to have a friend like you."