Acceleration

--- Ezra's POV ---

I sighed dejectedly as the hoodlum swung the bat at my head. I dodged easily, and kicked him in the gut, my hands still in my pockets. I manipulated the acceleration of my foot to have no force backwards, and as such doubled and then quadrupled the power of the swing. He flew backwards and slammed into a dumpster, unconscious, his spine snapped in three places. I caught the bat, and turned to his friends. "Hey. Boys. Imma give ya one good chance, ya hear me? Back off, or I'll rip ye a new one, yeah?" I said, and then twisted the bat, manipulating its Potential Energy into fully functioning Kinetic. It shattered.

One reached a shaky hand into his jacket and pulled a gun. "Whatever, man! Stand still! I don't know what you did to Ricky, but-"

"I broke his spine." I interrupted. "Snapped, like a twig. And that's only a taste of what I can do. Capisce?" I shrugged, gesturing confidently.

He pulled the trigger, and my vision cognitive ability sped up. I saw the bullets spin as it came towards me, and grinned. 'Spin equals easily exploitable vector. Counter-Clockwise, to my left if I deflect it... Simple.' I twitched a finger, and it was deflected, then he was slammed backwards, as the air in front of him changed velocity to hit him with the momentum from the bullet, which I caught.

I looked at the others. "Now. You have three choices. Attack me, and lose. Run away, and come find me some other time for me to beat you. Or lastly, just stay away from me in general. I'm pretty easy to spot." I grinned, running a pale hand through my white hair. I looked at them. "Choose."

The guy with the gun pulled the trigger again, five times. I sent the bullets back into each of their heads, and ended the matter. I walked out, whistling a tune, and made sure none of my groceries were damaged, headed to my apartment.

My 'apartment', was actually a room I built in an abandoned building, completely support-less, so if the building went down, my room stayed in the air. I have a solar generator, (built by yours truly) a high tech computer system, (also built by me) and just about everything I'd ever need, electronically. Then the water, which I use vectors to pipe through the building without the water companies permission. I filter it into my water tank, then clean it, then use it. It's a good system. As for television, I can jack electromagnetic waves with a thought, so my Box gets all the different stations. 40,000 of them. Eesh. And as for food... Well, let's just say there's an agreement between me and the groceries store. I warn off thugs, they give me free groceries. Sweet deal.

I opened the door to my apartment, and sniffed, smelling something off. "Ah crud-" a scent invaded my nose. Chloroform. Ugh. I quickly pushed it away from me and dissolved it. As I was focusing on that, something landed behind me, and there was an extreme dose in my mouth and nose before I could blink. I let it invade my system, wanting to see who dared to gas my pets. As I passed out, I pushed the person away with the force of a semi-truck going 60mph, just because I could.

---

I slowly woke up, locked to a chair, and grinned. "Well well, getting to weird stuff off the bat, huh? What's first? Water boarding? Been there, done that. You've got nothing I ain't seen before." I said, laughing. A man in black came forward, limping, with a few others. "What the heck? The carnival kidnapped me again? Geez."

The man in black limped forward. "Who are you? You're not listed in any files. You're a ghost. I don't like ghosts."

"And I don't like Psychopaths with bat issues who kill my pets with overdoses of Chloroform, so we're even, jerk." I spat at him.

He blinked. "Pets? There were no-"

"Four cats, one dog. Two white, three grey. There was fur everywhere. How could a detective miss that giant detail?" I hissed. "And if they're dead? So are you. Got it?" I asked.