Boys and Their Toys.

--- Ezra's POV ---

I followed Aquaman with Kaldur and Connor beside me, and the woman following us. We arrived at an arena, and I grinned. "Heh. Our water arena on New Sparta doesn't even come close to this." I nudged Aquaman.

He nodded. "This place is Millennia old. I'd be insanely impressed if you managed to surpass it in only six years." He said.

"Hmm." I nodded.

Connor leaned over. "Do you think we'll get to compete in that?" He pointed at a selection of Mermen and Mermaids, hauling weights and throwing Javelins, like the ancient olympics.

I grinned. "I hope so."

"Indeed, when the next match starts, we'll bet on the winners, and then compete ourselves." Aquaman said. "But be warned, Kaldur'an was the reigning champion for his age group for years, until he left for the surface. He will be a challenge for you, Ezra, And you, Connor."

I nodded. "I expected nothing less, after all, he's your apprentice."

"Oh, and your abilities are off-limits, this time, Ezra." He winked at me.

I laughed. "What, scared you'll lose again?" I said rather loudly, and several people heard, and began talking amongst themselves, spreading the rumor already.

He narrowed his eyes. "You play a dangerous game."

"Eh. Danger is my middle name." I shrug, and sat in one of the chairs he'd pointed to, (but not the throne, I'm not that conceited).

He grinned. "Really? I'd no clue."

"No, dunderhead, it was a joke. I don't have a name, you know that." I sighed.

He laughed. "Jokes on you, kid. I know what your mother was going to name you." He said in a conspirator's tone.

I was out of my seat with him against the wall faster than he could register my presence and the pain in his throat. I glared at him with the ungodly rage of Hades and Cerberus in my gaze. I leaned closer. "Don't you EVER joke about that again, Arthur! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" I snarled.

Kaldur pulled me back, along with the woman and Connor, all hauling at full strength to control me like a feral dog on a chain snapping at its enemies.

He rubbed his throat. "I wasn't joking... I got in contact with your aunt. Elena. She told me what your... What Marteka decided on before... It happened."

I relaxed, mostly in shock. "No... I... I tried to contact her, she wanted nothing to do with me... How did you?"

He smiled gently. "I asked nicely. And at her front door. That's why I called you here, Ezra. The real reason."

I fell to my knees, unable to support my weight in the wave of tiredness that followed my rage.

He continued speaking. "Marteka wanted to name you 'Gabriel', after the archangel. Elena said she chose that name because she said your father was like a god, and his son should bear a godly name. She was a devout Catholic, and so she chose an Angels name."

I held up a hand. "Stop... I... I need to process this... I... I have a name? One I didn't give myself?"

He nodded. "If you want it. Michael said that your father would like your name, Ezra, so if you prefer, you can keep it, it's purely your choice. You're a man, now, anyway." He said.

I stood slowly, and sat back down in the chair, head in my hands. "Fuck me..." I sighed.

He chuckled. "Language. Wouldn't want your mother angry at me."