Miracles and Plans

--- Ezra's POV ---

I sat on the roof of something Diana called 'The Eerie'. She said I had built it. I liked it. I liked the heights, though she said that was odd. I just shrugged, and basked in the glow of the setting sun. A voice sounded below me. "Ezra? Are you there? Diana said you were here, but... Hello?" Liza said.

I dropped into the room slowly. "Yes?" I asked.

She smiled and kissed me. "How are you doing with the heights?" She asked.

"I like it. I feel like I'm not connected to the planet when I get higher up. It's amazing." I smiled.

She blinked. "Really? Your biggest fear became your greatest comfort. Who knew?"

"Why was it my biggest fear? I can fly." I blinked.

She smiled. "Your first memory as a child was falling into a crater three miles deep. I imagine the psychological trauma was what made you afraid, not the heights themselves. Any time you weren't in control of your life or death, like in a plane."

I nodded. "I see. And now that that memory is purged from my mind, I am free." I smiled.

She smiled and hugged me. We stood there for a few minutes before she spoke again. "Ezra... What do you think will happen when... Ultion comes? It's been almost 3 months, but are we really ready?" She asked quietly.

I froze, and shivered. "I suppose I'll get a glorious warriors death." I said just as softly. "But let's not think about that. How about I show you a miracle?" I asked. She nodded, not looking up. I smelled salt, and knew she was crying. I picked her up, and started flying.

I set her down in the forest, a finger over my lips. She nodded, and followed me as I crept forward. I moved a banana leaf, and she gasped quietly. There, in the bushes, was a white tigress bathing her three Cubs. The father was just back from hunting, and sharing a rabbit with the mother between licks. I smiled at her. "See? Amazing, right?" I whispered.

She nodded, and I picked her up, flying away. I set her on her porch, and turned to go. She grabbed my hand. "Actually, how about I show you something equally amazing?" She grinned, and pulled me inside.

---

I cranked the pulley, raising the engine block out of the car. Superman had brought me an old, rusty, beat up truck, and I was fixing it slowly, as a project. I looked at the engine, and sighed. "No good. I'll need to fabricate an entirely new one."

"I can help with that." Steve said, leaning against the door.

"Thanks." I grinned. "I need the axle removed and replaced. The rust got to it too extensively for simple repair."

I pressed a button, and the entire truck was lifted up. He nodded and grabbed a wrench, plus a bolt cutter, just in case. I started using a hammer to bend metal sheet into the right shapes, replicating the engine slowly.

"You know... It's been almost 6 months now. When do you think it's happening?" He asked, turning his wrench. The axle fell onto the ground, and I tossed him a new one. He started installing it as I thought.

"I... Don't know. Who knows how far away he is? Maybe it takes years to cross that much space. Centuries, hopefully, but if it appeared before Impulse's time... Sigh. I don't know." I said, and he nodded.

"Yeah. Best we can do is tighten up and clench our teeth, hmm? Worst part is waiting." He shrugged, and cranked the wench one last time.