Retaliation

--- Diana's POV ---

I smiled as Athena ran into my room, huffing for breath. "Hello, Athena, how was War Games? Did my child perform admirably?"

She winced. "About that. That's why I'm here. He was shot, and taken. Thu left Robin and the boys, but they took Steve as well, and there's arterial blood at both scenes-"

"WHO IS THEY?" I said softly, standing and looking out of the window.

"Well... Steve dropped a few bodies, and from their Dog-Tags... They're Seals. American. We couldn't track them past the border, my queen, I'm so terribly sorry-"

"Enough... Was anyone else harmed?" I tried to stay calm. I did try. But my voice betrayed my rage with is worsening tone.

"Nothing past the normal blows to the temple Robin and Ezra use... But Robin is in critical condition. He took several rounds through himself. He apparently threw Himself on top of Ezra, and they both took heavy fire. I think they were trying to kill E-"

"FIND THEM." I roared, and punched the golden door. It flew off its hinges, and landed upright in the City Square, several hundred meters away, sunken into the stones. She jumped away, and started flying, shouting orders. I dialed on my phone with shaky fingers, cracking the screen.

Batman answered. "Diana? Hello?"

"I need you to find someone for me. Now."

"Diana, what's wrong?" He asked, worried.

"They shot him... They shot him and took him. And they shot Damien. And Steve. They left Robin to die on my soil, and took my boy." I said softly, almost snarling.

He started typing, pounding the keys. "They left by boat, they should be... Shit. They're in Louisiana already. The cargo they were toting, which I assume was your boys, is already in transit. I've lost it, but Washington would know."

"Washington?"

"Diana, I know you're angry, but don't do anything foolish! We can't start a war with-"

"They just did." I dropped the phone, and walked calmly outside, shattering the ground under my feet.

"Diana? Diana! Diana!!" The phone continued to bark.

I addressed the amazons gathered in front of my home in a booming voice. "AMAZONS! TO WAR!" They'd heard from Athena, and so they cheered, wanting blood. Ezra was well loved by everyone here. 'No... He IS. Is well loved. If you are dead, then America will follow in your wake. It is my gift to you, my son.'

I started flying, five hundred heavily armed Amazons at my back. "ATHENA! TAKE TEN AND GUARD NEW SPARTA! CLEOPATRA! TAKE TEN AND GUARD THEMISCURA! THE REST OF US GO TO WASHINGTON TO EITHOR RETRIEVE OR AVENGE MY SON, STEVE TREVOR, AND ROBIN!"

"YES, MY QUEEN!" "Godspeed, my queen." "Win us much valor, my queen." They answer, and twenty peel off in separate directions.

---

I focused on the approaching land, and speed up, searching for Washington. I eventually landed in front of an older woman, cracking pavement. "You. Where is 'Washington'?" I ask her.

She looks at me. "Are you lost, dear?"

"In a way. Where is Washington?"

She smiles. "North, my dear. Due north. When you see the big buildings, Greek architecture, and the Needle, you've arrived."