Young Justice

--- Ezra's POV ---

The plane touched down, and I slipped my mask on, throwing up my hood. Robin leapt out of the plane, and I followed him, landing softly next to him. There was a small group of people on the Tarmac, and the roof was closing overhead.

Robin looked at them all, grinning. "Hey guys." He said.

"Sup Man. Who's the kid?" Kid Flash/ Wally West asked.

"Him? This is Ezra." He said nonchalantly.

I nodded, scoping them all out behind my mask. Kid Flash darted forward, but I was ready. I moved out of the way, and stuck a foot out, tripping him. He rolled and crashed into the planes landing gear, and I winced at the think 'GONG' that was heard.

I turned back to the group, and shrugged at Robin. He sighed. "Hope you didn't break him. You'd be the one who had to explain it to Batman."

I shrugged again. I turned to the group, and saluted, my right fist against my heart. "My name is Ezra. I am pleased to meet you. I don't know much about the common world outside of New Sparta, so please be patient with me if I seem... Odd, at times." I said.

The tall man, Kaldur, walked forward. "I am pleased to finally meet you. I've heard much about you, and I've watched your bouts closely. You're very skilled."

"No I'm not. I just have good reflexes. True battle mastery will only come with true battle experience. That is why I am here. And because my Friend needs my help." I shook my head.

He blinked and looked at Robin. "You have a Friend?"

"About 42, actually, I'll ignore that comment. He's the First Son. We're partners, and all partners on New Sparta are Brothers and Friends. No blood relation." Robin said.

Aqualad nodded. "I see. I know this feeling. Welcome, Ezra. Or do you prefer your Moniker, Accelerator?"

"That's like calling you 'Atlantean'." I shook my head.

He blinked. "I... See... Then Ezra is alright?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"Well then. Hello, Ezra. I am Kaldur'an. My comrades on the surface call me Kaldur or Aqualad." He placed a hand on his chest.

"Pleased to meet you." I saluted him.

The other male stepped up. "I am called Connor, or SuperBoy."

I nodded and saluted. "I have actually heard much about you. It seems we share a partially common background... I am most definitely pleased to meet you."

He blinked, and the two women stepped up. "I am Meghan, or M'Gann. I'm pleased to meet someone like you. I like mysteries."

I smiled and nodded, though she couldn't see it. The blonde spoke. "Why are you hiding your face? You don't trust us or something, like Robin?"

"I didn't mean to insult you, it's simply to protect myself. This is my battle armor. I wasn't sure what I was walking into." I said, leaving my mask on.

She grinned. "Good. Finally someone who isn't too trusting. I'm Artemis. Welcome to our place."

I nodded. "Thank you. But I trust everyone here implicitly, or I wouldn't be here. Robin trusts you, Batman trusts you, that's more than enough for me." I shrugged.

She blinked. "Looks like you trust Batman too much."

"Nah. I just know I could kick his ass if he double crossed me." I chuckled, and walked inside, leaving them dumbfounded by my falsified arrogance. I wanted them to think I was completely useless.