The Measure of a Man

--- Ezra's POV ---

I snapped awake, and set the box of kittens in Athena's lap. "Mother, turn the plane around." I hissed. She looked at me, and nodded when she met my blazing gaze, halting and turning back towards the Hospital. I handed her my weapons. "Keep these away from me." I said quietly.

"What's wrong?" She asked as we floated over the hospital. We'd only flown for about ten minutes.

I shook my head. "I hope I'm wrong." I leapt out of the plane, and started down the stairs towards where I heard a struggle. As I got closer, my ears picked up the sounds of a man's voice, threatening and degrading a woman.

Mother was beside me, and heard it to. I reached the door, and she said "Do what you have to."

I smiled, and pushed open the door. It creaked like a century old iron gate. I looked up, and found exactly what is hoped wasn't happening. My mind went blank.

--- Diana's POV ---

--- Diana's POV ---

My son opened the door, and I growled at the sight before me. Before I could move, he laughed slightly. I looked at him slowly, to find him grinning like a Jester, with fire in his eyes. I remember those eyes. Those are the mad eyes of Ares. I shivered.

He stepped forward. "Well, well, well... What HAVE we here??? Oh dear oh dear... We can't have this, not at all." He sighed in a voice I hoped I never heard again, and darted forward.

Suddenly, the man was slammed through a wall, and out of the building. Then he slammed into the building across the street. Ezra followed, cackling like a madman, grinning endlessly, and I picked the woman up. I situated her clothes as best as possible, and wrapped her doctors coat around her waist.

I held her to my chest as she cried, and picked her up. "It's okay, dear, you go ahead and cry." I whispered, and carried her out, to the plane. "Home or away, dearest?" I asked softly.

She sniffed and spoke between sobs. "Home... I need... Mine..."

I nodded, kissed her forehead, and carried her according to her instructions to her apartment. It was a tiny place, and when I placed her in her bed, she clung to me. I smiled gently and laid next to her. "Alright, dearest." I said, and let her cry into my chest some more. "So brave, you did so well." I whispered, rubbing her back in small, soothing circles.

I smelled blood, and looked up. Ezra stood at the door, not stepping inside. He looked ashamed. He was covered in blood, from his head to his feet, and I could tell some of it was in his mouth. He'd bitten his prey.

I smiled gently and held a finger to my lips, but she noticed, and looked at what I was before I stopped her. She gasped, and leaped up. I reached for her, but she was wrapped around him immediately, checking him for injuries. She asked him breathlessly- "are you alright? Answer me?!?"