Chapter 1

Cassandra's POV:

"Cassy! C'mon get up! You'll be late for your first day of school!" A familiar voice yelled.

Summer had gone by way too quickly. I packed up my old home, moved permanently to Billie's, and really became part of the family. Jakob tried to play baseball with me a lot, but I sucked. Joey and I really bonded over music, I hung out with him a lot this summer when he wasn't at Warped Tour. Adrienne was amazing. She treated me as her own daughter, and we did a lot together too. I think she needed another girl in the house, and she knew I needed a mother-figure. As for Billie, well, we got along great! We had our occasional spats, but we always forgave each other in a few hours, at the most. He was like my best friend, dad, and music mentor at the same time and I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Cassy! Out of bed. NOW!" Billie's voice sounded angry.

"NOOO!" I whined, and pulled the covers higher above my head.

"Do you really wanna be late on your first day?" he asked. I felt him sit on my bed, so I tightened the ball I was in and closed my eyes, thinking that would hide me.

"Yeah! I don't wanna be the new kid!" I whined.

"C'mon. Just get up!" Billie pleaded.

"No!" I said.

"Fine, you asked for it!" Billie said, and began tickling me.

"Okay! Okay! I'm up! I'm up! Stop! Please!" I cried, flopping my way out of the covers.

"That's my girl! Now get ready, we're leaving at 7:45." Billie said.

"School doesn't start till 8:30, though!" I said.

"Yeah, but I have to go in with you to the Principles office so I can sign off your transcript, and so you can get your schedule." Billie said.

"Fine! Get out now! I need to get ready!" Billie laughed, nodded, and walked out of my room. I changed out of my pajamas into a flowing, tan tank top that said 'music is going to make everything okay.' with a pair of vintage head phones on it. It had a heart shaped slit in the back, so I wore a bandeau under it. I paired the shirt with white shorts and red hightops. I straightened my hair, put on my Mom's locket, and applied my make up. Within 30 minutes, I was ready to go. Downstairs, Joey and Jakob were sitting at the kitchen table, talking about school and people they wanted to see.

"Morning, Cassy!" Adrienne smiled.

"Morning." I smiled.

"What do you want for breakfast?" she asked.

"I'm not hungry." I said.

"Cassandra King, you are not leaving this house until you eat something." Adrienne scolded.

"Um, I'll take a banana." I said, taking the banana and started eating it.

"Hey Cassy, you ready?" Billie asked, coming into the room and giving Adrienne a kiss.

"Yeah I think so." I smiled, grabbing my backpack.

"So Joey, you good on gas?" Billie asked and Joey nodded. Joey drove Jakob to and from school and now he is driving me too.

"I'll be at the parking spot I showed you last week, Cassy. Meet us there after school!" Joey smiled.

"Okay." I said timidly. I followed Billie out towards his car and he kept giving me a weird look. "What?" I finally asked.

"I don't approve of that shirt." He said.

"Why the hell not?" I asked.

"Look at the back! There is a giant hole! I know you have something on underneath, but I can still see a bunch of skin!" he said.

"It's not a big deal! Calm down!" I said.

"You should be wearing a jacket with it, Cassy. People are going to get the wrong impression!" Billie said.

"Oh yeah because I'm a huge slut! Seriously, Dad! People used to wear way worse stuff at my old school! No one will care!" I said.

"If you get in trouble because of that I swear I'll-"

"I won't! No need to be so over protective!" I laughed.

"Cassy, you are my daughter. You're a teenager and I'm just worried about you, okay?" he asked. I grabbed his hand, and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Its okay! I promise."

"Jacket next time, alright? I don't want some pervy guy coming on to you again." Billie asked, and I smiled again, how could I be mad at that?

XXX

"Well Cassandra, you are all set, here is your schedule, do you need someone to show you around?" My principle, Mr. Collins, asked.

"No, it's alright, my brothers showed me around last week." I smiled.

"Well alright, you should get going. The bell is going to ring soon. Mr. Armstrong I need you to sign a few things." Mr. Collins said.

"Hey! Good luck, kiddo." Billie said, and gave me a tight hug.

"Thanks." I mumbled, and made my way out of the office. I didn't really feel out of place, I mean it was the first day of school. Everyone had schedules. I started making my way to my first class, History with Mrs. Frand.

"Welcome to history! Please take a seat anywhere!" Mrs. Frand's called. I took a seat towards the back, and watched as the seats around me filled up with people. A few kids looked at me with the, 'You're Billie Joe's kid!' face. The teacher began to take roll.

"Cassandra King?" Mrs. Frand called.

"Here!" I said.

"Hey! You're Jakob's older sister, right?" a blonde girl to my left asked, leaning towards me.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Oh cool. Jakob is friends with my brother Ethan, I'm Lizzie. I figured you could use a friend!" she said.

"Yeah thanks. I go by Cassy!" I smiled.

"Elizabeth Sharp." Mrs. Frand yelled out.

"Here." Lizzie called. She was really pretty and nice, I was already making a friend, that's good right?

"Looks like we both shorten our first names!" I laughed.

"That's because 'Elizabeth' is horrendous. Cassandra is pretty, it's like a princess!" she said. I started laughing thinking back to one of the first conversations I had with Tré. "What?" she asked.

"Nothing, my dad's friend said that the first time I met him." I laughed.

"Tré?"

"How'd you know that?" I asked.

"Our brothers have been friends for 7 years, I've gone to a few Green Day concerts! Tré would say something like that." Lizzie smiled.

"Oh, well yeah. So you like Green Day? Don't worry I won't hate you if you say no." I smiled.

"No, I love them! I was raised on their music. So, when Ethan and Jakob became friends, it was weird to meet your dad but I realized he's a cool guy." she said.

"He's a dork." I said and Lizzie laughed. We sat in the class for another 20 minutes, seeing as it was a half day, and learned about the class. The bell rang and Lizzie took my schedule. "Hey we have the next few classes together!" Lizzie smiled, and I followed her to our next class, Spanish.

XXX

A/N: WE ARE FINALLY POSTING OUR SEQUEL!!! YAY! I hope you guys like this one just as much as the first book! This one is more about Cassy's life than it is about her and Billie, but Billie is still a big part! Enjoy! let us know what you think! ~Jane