Chapter 28

CASSY'S POV

Today was Prom, and Lizzie, Valerie, and Chelsea were all over so we could get ready together. I decided to curl my hair, since my dark-green dress was plain with only a couple jewels at the top. Lizzie decided to keep her hair straight since her white and black dress poofed out a little. Chelsea had her hair half up, half down and her turquoise dress made her look stunning. Valerie put her hair up in a fancy kind of bun, and her pink dress made her glow. After I finished my hair, I applied some liquid eyeliner, and put on some light colored lipgloss. The other girls finished up soon after, and right then, the doorbell rang. We headed downstairs and saw Ryan, Conner, and Tyler all standing there in black suits. Ryan had a dark green tie on, Conner had a turquoise one, and Tyler's was pink because he and Valerie were going as friends.

I let the boys in and Ryan said, "Cassy, you look amazing. How'd I manage to get such a beautiful girlfriend?"

I smiled and replied, "Okay, let's not get too cliché here." He laughed, but leaned down and swiftly kissed me. I looked over to see Conner and Tyler slipping corsages onto Chelsea and Valerie's wrists. I looked back to Ryan and saw he was holding out a white rose corsage too.

"Awww Ryan, it's beautiful. Thank you." I exclaimed, as he slipped it onto my wrist. I was about to kiss him again when Joey walked in.

"HEY RYAN! How's it hangin guys?" Joey slung an arm around my bare shoulders, and I had to restrain myself from punching him.

"Joey, what do you want?" I hissed, and he smirked.

"Revenge. I seem to remember someone bursting into my room while I was having a...private affair with my girlfriend." I rolled my eyes, and pushed him off.

"Whatever, you got me back. Real mature!"

Joey looked at me and mentioned, "Anyways, you look nice Cassy," then he turned to Ryan and asked, "you'll take care of her tonight, right?"

Ryan smirked and replied, "Of course."

"I don't need to be taken care of you two! I'm actually 16 years old believe it or not." I snapped.

Joey laughed and replied, "Still, it's my duty as your older brother. Anyways, I gotta go get changed. Caroline and Cole are coming over soon, I'll see you later!" He raced up the stairs, and then the doorbell rang again.

XXXXXXXXX

We moved the party outside as people starting arriving. People from my soccer team, other friends in my classes, and my friend's friends were all scattered throughout my yard. Lizzie's date, Ethan, had just arrived and she seemed to be having a good time. I also noticed Jakob and Morgan heading over to me.

"Hey Cassy! I love your dress, it really brings out your eyes!" Morgan cooed, and I smiled.

"Thanks Morgan! How's Jakob been treating you?" I asked, and Jakob blushed.

"Great! We're actually just about to head to the beach, but I wanted to see your dress first." Morgan exclaimed.

"Oh, hope you guys have fun! It was nice seeing you again." Morgan smiled, and Jakob grabbed her hand.

"Hope you have fun tonight Cassy, but not too much." Jakob winked, and my face heated up."

"Jakob Danger, stop embarrassing your sister and let's go!" Morgan snapped, lightly hitting him on the chest. Jakob smirked playfully at her, and off they went, still hand in hand. I headed back towards Ryan, who was talking to a couple of his friends.

After they finished talking, Ryan turned to me and asked, "Having fun?"

"Yeah! It'll be even better tonight though when it's just you and me."