Chapter 5

Cassandra's POV:  

"So how were your tryouts?" Joey asked, as I put my stuff in the trunk of his car.  

"Hmm good! Well, I hope so!" I laughed.  

"I'm sure you did great! The most important thing is, did you have fun?" Joey asked as we started our short duration home.  

"Yeah, I did." I said.  

"I think she had A LOT of fun." Jakob commented from the front. I kicked the back of his chair and he snickered.  

"Do you think you made Varsity?" I asked Jakob. 

"Nah, I'm probably just on JV."  He replied.

"Don't let him lie, Cassy. Jake, I know I give you shit, but you kill it as pitcher! You made Varsity." Joey said and I could tell that made Jakob smile.  

"AWWWW brotherly love!" I laughed.  

"Shut up!" Jakob yelled and we finished the car ride home. We all got our gear from the trunk and dropped it in the Garage. We stepped inside to see Billie sitting at the bar in the kitchen, deep in conversation with Adrienne.  

"Hey guys!" Billie smiled. We walked in, hugging both Adrienne and Billie. "How were tryouts?" Billie asked.  

"Awesome!" Jakob yelled.  

"Really fun." Joey added. I was zoning, thinking mainly about Logan and the fact that think he WAS going to kiss me.  

"Cassy?" Billie asked, standing up and looking at me, concerned.  

"Hmmm? Oh yeah! Tryouts, they were a lot of fun." I smiled and gave Billie a little nod, letting him know I'm okay.  

"Well then, that's fantastic." Billie smiled.  

"Mom, what's for dinner? I'm fucking starving." Jakob yelled.  

"Jake! Language!" Billie teased.  

"Don't be a dick!" Jakob retorted and everyone laughed.

I turned to Joey and bumped him, "Ohhh! So, that's where you got it!". Joey just looked at me and laughed.  

"Is everyone okay with Pizza? It's getting late, I don't really feel like cooking." Adrienne said and I smiled. She reminded me a bit of mom. I don't know why that made me so happy, but it did.  

"I'll go order it!" Billie said, sliding out of the room, dialing the pizza joint.   

"Cassy, where did you get that bracelet? It's super cute!" Adrienne said, referring to the leather bracelet on my wrist, Logan's bracelet.  

"Oh, um my friend gave it to me." I said. I felt kind of bad for keeping Logan a secret from my family, but until I knew what he was to me, they couldn't know. 

"Wow Cassy, that's a great friend you got there!" Jakob smirked, and I glared at him. Jakob laughed and walked into the living room. I ran after him to find him laying on the couch, texting.  

"Jake, you promised." I whined.  

"Calm down, Cassy. I would never actually tell!" Jakob said and my expression softened.  

"Thanks, Jakob." I said and he stood up, giving me a hug.  

"Pizza!" Billie called. I followed Jakob into the kitchen and we all grabbed our slices.  

"So, Cassy. You're turning 16 on Sunday!" Billie said and I nodded.  

"Is there anything you want to do?" Billie asked and I shrugged.