Chapter 18

CASSY'S POV

Chelsea and Conner were still fighting, and the only time they talk to each other, they fight. I was tired of everyone arguing, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I pulled out my phone and texted Chelsea:

Hey, I'm inviting you and the girls over! Don't worry, Conner isn't invited ;)

After that sent, I texted Valerie and Lizzie to come over, then I texted Conner.

Hey! We haven't really gotten to know each other very well! You should come over, don't worry Chelsea won't be here.

I texted Tyler and Ryan as well, since we ALL needed to work through this fight. They all replied saying they'd be over in an hour, so I set up some drinks and snacks in the living room.

Billie walked out, eyed the drinks and snacks, and asked, "Uh Cassy, whatcha up to?"

"Oh nothing, just having some friends over. Don't worry about it."

Billie nodded and said, "Well 80 and I are going out, and the boys are at their friend's houses, so you guys will be home alone. Don't do anything stupid while we're gone."

I rolled my eyes and said, "Calm down Dad, I'm 16! I can stay home alone for a few hours."

Billie laughed and replied, "I know you can, see you later kiddo." I waved goodbye and I heard him meet Adrienne at the stairs, and they left. I sat on the couch for about 10 minutes before I heard the doorbell ring. I sprang up and saw Valerie, Chelsea, and Lizzie standing there.

"Hey girls! C'mon in!"

They walked in and they followed me to the living room.

I sat next to Lizzie and Chelsea said, "I'm so glad to finally hang out with just us girls!"

Lizzie smiled and said, "I know! So what guys at school do you guys have your eye on?" The three of them dove into boy talk, and I groaned internally.

I zoned out until the doorbell rang and I yelled, "I'll get it!" The other girls just kept on talking and squealing, so I just walked out to the door. I opened it up to see Conner, Ryan, and Tyler. "Hey guys, let's go into the living room." They followed me in, but Ryan raced up to me.

"Cassy, I saw Lizzie's car outside, what are you planning?" Ryan whispered, so Conner and Tyler couldn't hear.

"Calm down Ryan, I have something planned." He looked at me nervously and we finally made it into the living room. The girls quickly stopped talking when Chelsea saw Conner. S

he whipped her head towards me and snapped, "What is HE doing here?"

Conner glared at her and growled, "Cassy, I'm leaving." He was about to walk out, but I grabbed his arm.

"You guys, this has been going on long enough. You guys were basically inseparable before! This fight is stupid, and you two need to work it out. It's effected the whole group, and even though I haven't been here long, I know you guys have always been close." Chelsea scoffed and crossed her arms, and Conner rolled his eyes, but he didn't leave.

Chelsea finally shouted, "Conner, you flirted with Grace! You could've walked away, bur you didn't. You stood there and totally flirted back!"

Conner narrowed his eyes and yelled, "I didn't flirt with her! I was just being polite and responding to her! I wouldn't cheat on you!"

Chelsea rolled her eyes and snapped, "You could have any girl in the school! You're hot, nice, and funny! I know I'm just holding you back from all the other girls! I'm giving you a chance to do what you want, and have any girl you want! There are girls at school who are perfect for you." Chelsea had a tear rolling down her cheek, and she quickly flicked it away.