Chapter 23

Billie's POV:

The weekend was really fun but I am so glad to be home. Partially because I would be able to sleep in my own bed, next to my wife, without hearing two kids bicker about the amount of room they had from the living room of the suite, and partially because I wanted to see Cassy. It was late Sunday morning as we walked into the house.

"God, it's so good to be home." Joey said as him and Jakob flopped on the couch and began watching a TV show.

"Hey Beej! Welcome home! Tré said.

"Hey Tré." I said tiredly.

"Adrienne!" Tré said and hugged her tightly.

"Tré, stop assaulting my wife." I teased.

"But she's cuddly!" Tré whined. I laughed at his child like ways and got up to go see if Cassy was still sleeping.

"Hey man." I said, seeing Mike coming down the stairs.

"Hey, um. We should talk before you go see Cassy." Mike said.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

He sipped his coffee. "I don't really know."

"Dammit Mike what happened?"

"Her boyfriend cheated on her." Mike said quietly.

"Oh," was all I could say, "Is she up?" I asked.

"Yeah. She's sitting on her bed with music blasting staring at a wall. I asked her if she wanted coffee and she didn't even look at me, she kept looking at the same spot, kinda like you do when you're upset. I never know how to help you once you're staring at the wall. Maybe you should go in there and talk to her." Mike said.

I nodded, "Thanks Mike, I'll see you when I'm done talking to her." Mike gave me a weak smile as I spoke. I walked past him and up towards Cassy's room. I knocked even though I knew she wouldn't hear me. "Hey Kiddo." I said loudly, but timidly. She looked at me and then faced the wall again. I say next to her and pulled out her headphones. "So I guess this whole cheating thing really upset you, huh?" I asked, not that I'm surprised. Logan was annoying as hell.

"Not really. He's an ass. I'm not going to let him break me, I'm not going to give him that type of satisfaction. The loud music and staring at the wall is just a way for me to mull over my thoughts without getting bothered, I bet that seems weird." She said. 

"Not really, I do the exact same thing. What you listening to?" I asked.

"Um..."

"Jesus Of Suburbia?" I questioned, raising one eyebrow.

"It calms me down. It has since it came out when I was 7. I'm not going to go looking for a new song after 9 years of listening to this one." She said, shrugging.

"Well I'm glad to hear it. So now that you and Logan are, I hope over,"

"We will be." She interrupted.

"Anyways, can I just say that I hated him? He was so rude! And I know what he was doing at dinner when he was over." I smirked as her face turned bright red.

"Yeah well, I'm done with him." She said.

"I'm proud of you. Now get dressed and come down stairs we are going out for lunch." I said.

"Mmmkay." She mumbled. I hugged her tightly and left her room. I trotted down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Where do you want to go to lunch, Adie?" I asked.

She giggled and said, "Why don't you ask our guests where they want to go?" I have her a confused look then turned to where she was looking. I saw two girls, ones hand was linked with Jakob's and the other girl was leaning into Joey as his arm was wrapped around her. I looked at the boys and raise an eyebrow.

If My Memory Serves Me RightOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara