Chapter 6

CASSY'S POV 

I woke up the next morning happily, since I was finally 16! I rolled over on my bed and realized that Billie was with me. "Oh right, I whacked my head on the dashboard." I felt my face and traced a couple scratches, one that was particularly deep. I sighed, knowing that would be an ugly scar.

Suddenly I heard, "Morning birthday girl." I looked over at Billie who was looking up at me with one green eye, since half his face was buried in the pillow.

"Morning Dad." I said.

He propped up on one elbow and said, "So what do you wanna do today? It is your birthday!"

"Dad, please don't make a big deal about my birthday. I usually just like to hang out with friends, so can I just have some people over?" I asked.

Billie frowned but said, "Sure, if that's what you really want to do."

I nodded and said, "Get out of my bed, lazy ass, I need to text my friends." Billie laughed but stood up and walked out. I went over to my desk and picked up my phone. I scrolled over to my group chat with Ryan, Conner, Chelsea, Lizzie, Tyler, and Valerie, to find that they had already started talking there.

Lizzie: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASSY! What do you want to do today?

Tyler: Happy Birthday biatch! We're gonna hang today.

Cassy: Uh, you guys can just come over...I never really make a big deal about my birthday.

Lizzie: Ugh you loser, let's go out somewhere!

Ryan: C'mon Lizzie, let the girl do what she wants on her birthday.

Cassy: Thank you Ryan.

Lizzie: Ugh fine, I'm getting in my car now! Be over soon!

Conner: I'll head over too. Chelsea, Tyler, Ryan, Valerie, I'll pick you guys up.

Chelsea: Okay, thanks sweetie, be over soon Cassy! 

Tyler: Kk thanks!

Valerie: Thanks Conner. See ya soon Cassy! 

Ryan: Sweet. See you soon Cassy.

I smiled and set my phone down. It was already 11:30 so I really needed to get dressed. I walked over to my closet and pulled out a grey v-neck, shorts, and a pair of red converse. I applied my usual makeup and flat ironed my light brown hair. Satisfied with my look, I walked out of my room and headed downstairs. Right as I headed into the living room, Jakob, Joey, and Adrienne ran over to me and attacked me in a group hug. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASSY!" They yelled as I just laughed, enjoying the family embrace...which was missing someone. Click. I pulled apart to see Billie holding a camera, a sly smirk plastered on his face.

"Did you take a picture?" I demanded, since I really didn't like taking pictures very much. He just nodded and I was about to attack him when the doorbell rang.

"Better go let your friends in!" Billie exclaimed. 

I narrowed my eyes and said, "You've escaped this time Mr. Armstrong." I headed to the door and opened it up to see all my friends standing there.

"Hi guys, c'mon in!" I said, standing to the side to let them walk through. A bunch of, "Happy Birthday Cassy'" chorused as people headed in and I smiled, glad to have such good friends. "Uh, do you guys wanna head to my room?" I asked, awkward since this was the first time I've had them all over.

"Yeah, let's go!" Tyler yelled, and I led them all upstairs into my room. They all filed in and I shut the door, whirling around to find Ryan admiring my guitars.

"You have kick ass guitars Cassy!"

I smirked and said, "Thanks, they are pretty sweet."

He nodded in agreement and Valerie said, "Okay you two, stop fan girling over guitars and get over here."

We all sat down in a circle on my throw rug and Tyler said, "So 16, huh Cassy?"

I nodded and said, "Yeah, I'm going to try an get my permit now too."

Conner laughed and said, "I failed the written test the first time I took it."

Everyone laughed and Lizzie said, "So Cassy, you've been at our school for a couple days and I think it's about time you learn about the groups." I raised an eyebrow but waited for her to continue, "Okay so in our school, the most popular girl is Becca Guinness. She has two loyal minions who are Grace Matthews and Samantha Barker, those two follow her around and do whatever she says. Take my advise and don't mess with any of them." Everyone nodded and I put a mental note in my head to stay away from those girls.

"Also, the cheer squad is split in two, one half is really rude and stuck up, and the other half is like me and they act normally." Chelsea explained and Conner seemed to be proud that his girlfriend was levelheaded, "most of the guys at our school are pretty normal except for Luke Sykes, the ladies man, and his band of idiots. They pretty much hit on every girl in school and at parties...they can get pretty dangerous." I noticed that Valerie shifted uncomfortably but I knew better then to ask her about it.

"All of the other people at our school are pretty cool though, so don't worry." Lizzie finished off and I smiled, "also, there's a giant party at Samantha Baker's house next weekend. I know we told you to stay away from her, but everyone in our grade will be there so don't miss out."

"Sounds awesome, I'll definitely be there." I said, excited to go to a real high school party. I wonder if Billie will actually let me go...eh I'll break out the puppy dog face. For the next couple hours my friends and I talked and ate and listened to music and I felt really included in their group. I was happy that I finally made an awesome friend group full of amazing people. As people were cleaning up and getting ready to head out I felt my phone vibrate.

I pulled it out to see a text from Logan that said, Hey Cassy! Miss you and have an awesome birthday! x 

Wow he missed me! I wonder if he would ask me out anytime soon.

"Logan Jackson? Stay away from him Cassy, he's trouble." I turned around to see Ryan standing behind me, a disapproving look on his face.

"Why? He seems nice to me? And thanks for reading my text." I asked defensively.

"I've seen his game and it never turns out pretty for the girl he picks up." Ryan said and I narrowed my eyes.

"He's been really nice to me Ryan, I'm going to give him a chance."

Ryan sighed and said, "Okay Cassy, I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I'll be fine Ryan, jeez you sound like my Dad." I tried to lighten the mood but Ryan seemed to stay concerned.

I heard Conner yell, "Ryan, c'mon I have football practice!" I followed Ryan downstairs and said bye to all my friends, shutting the door behind them. I leaned up against the wall and sighed. Was Logan really a jerk? I stood there thinking for a while when Billie walked over and said,

"Hey Cassy, we're about to have dinner and cake, c'mon." I smiled and followed him into the kitchen, trying to rid my mind of Ryan's warning.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey guys! How are you liking the story so far? We appreciate all the comments, votes, and reads on it! Leave a comment below! -Emma