Chapter 26

CASSY'S POV

Cole and I kissed, but after a few moments we pulled apart. We both stood for a second, gathering what had just happened.

"So uh..." I started, feeling awkward.

"I don't know about you, but that just felt wrong." Cole said, shifting from one foot to the other.

"Yeah...it was weird." I replied, and Cole nodded.

"Besides, there's someone else who likes you, and whether or not you know it; you like them back." Cole stated, and I raised an eyebrow.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, curiously.

Cole laughed and said, "You'll figure it out later, it's not my place to tell you anyways. I should get home, bye Cassy." I walked him to the door and before he left, Cole turned and spoke, "I hope you know that this doesn't change anything between us." I nodded and he waves goodbye, and I shut the door. Who could Cole be talking about? I shrugged it off and ran upstairs to my room. Tomorrow, I was going out with Ryan to Blondie's pizza and to Rasputin Records. I couldn't tell if I was nervous excited, considering what I had just found out about the whole Prom situation...I guess I'll just have to see how it goes tomorrow.

XXXXXX

I woke up at 10:30, and since Ryan was picking me up at 11, I sprang out of bed. I threw on a white flowing shirt, a grey knit cardigan, and my dark blue skinny jeans. I slipped on my brown combat boots, and then raced into my bathroom. I put on some light grey eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and a little concealer. I curled my brown hair, and it flowed nicely down to my mid back. Finally I brushed my teeth, and walked out to my room, grabbing my brown leather purse and phone. I headed downstairs, and ran into Dad.

"Hey Cassy, have fun in Berkeley today! Don't talk to any strangers, and if you have any problems, call me." Dad spoke protectively, and I rolled my eyes, but smiled.

"I'll be careful Dad, I promise." He smirked, and pulled me in for a hug. The doorbell rang and Dad let me go.

"Bye Cassy, see you later kiddo." He walked into the kitchen, and I opened the door.

"Hey Cassy! Ready to go?" Ryan asked. "Yup, can't wait to check out the records!" He smiled and I headed outside, and shut the door. We walked to his car and I hopped into the passenger's seat. He slipped into the driver's side, and turned on the car. A Love Like War started playing, which made me smile.

"I love this song!" Ryan cheered, and I gasped.

"You know this song?"

His jaw dropped and he replied, "Duh, you dare to question my music taste Cassandra?"

I chuckled and put my hands up in surrender, "I promise, I won't anymore." He turned up the volume, and finally pulled out from my driveway. We headed down the freeway towards Telegraph Avenue, happily listening to music and talking about all the new album releases we couldn't wait for.

XXXXXXX

"Man, this pizza is amazing!" I swooned, taking another bite of my cheese pizza. Ryan nodded in agreement, and I looked around the pizza shop. On the wall next to us, I noticed that they put up the pages of an issue of Rolling Stones magazine. As I scanned over the pages, I saw a huge picture of Green Day.

I groaned and Ryan swallowed and asked,"What's wrong?" I jabbed my thumb in the direction of the picture, and he looked at the page until he realized why I groaned.

"C'mon Cassy, that's awesome! It's your Dad's band you should be proud!" Ryan practically yelled, and I face palmed as everyone in Blondie's turned to look at us. I heard murmuring and finally, a teenager girl, probably about 13 years old came up to us.

"H-hi, I'm Tara...are you Cassy Armstrong?" She asked shyly, and I forced a smile.

"Yes I am, do you want a picture?" She nodded and I handed Ryan her phone. I slung my arm around her shoulders and he took the picture.

Tara grabbed her phone and murmured, "Thank you! You're so nice Cassy." I smiled and she walked back over to her table. After that, a huge group of about 15 other people swarmed me and Ryan since they confirmed who I am. I took some pictures, and answered questions about Green Day, until finally Ryan saved me.

"Alright guys, leave her alone, if you have questions about Green Day, ask the actual band members." Ryan grabbed my hand and led me through the crowd of people, and out of Blondie's.

I sighed in relief as we walked away and then screeched, "Ryan! Can you try to keep the whole 'Billie Joe Armstrong is your Dad' thing on the down low. I just want to go through today as a normal kid."

He smiled sympathetically and replied, "Sure, sorry Cassy. Though, even if your Dad is Billie Joe Armstrong, I wouldn't exactly say your normal anyways." I slapped him, but laughed as we walked into Rasputin. We headed directly downstairs to the record part of the shop. We happily flipped through records, though none of them really caught my eye, or I already had them. Ryan, however, did find one record in particular.

"The Dookie record...really?" I asked sassily, though I was happy that he liked my Dad's band.

"What? They just re released it and I never got the chance to buy it."

I smirked and replied, "Okay, let's just go check out!" We headed upstairs and Ryan quickly payed for the record.

We walked back outside and Ryan said, "Hey, follow me." I started to protest, but he just grabbed my hand again and led me towards the park area near the Berkeley campus. Ryan stopped in a green, grassy area with a bunch of trees overhead.

"So uh...why are we here?" I asked, confused. Ryan set his record bag down and looked me in the eyes.

He took a deep breath and spoke, "Cassy, ever since I met you, I've always loved being around you. You make everything around you so happy and bright, and I love spending every minute with you. Before you came, I never felt close to anyone in our group, but when I met you; I felt like I finally connected to someone. You're one of the most beautiful, funny, and smart girls I've ever met, not to mention you have amazing music taste. Ever since you dated Logan, I felt like something was missing, and once you two broke up I realized what it was. I...I love you Cassy, in the beginning it was just a crush, but over all the time I've gotten to know you, I realized how happy you make me feel. Would you please go to Prom with me Cassandra King?" I wiped away a tear from my cheek and Ryan frowned and sadly said, "Oh god, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry...look you don't have to like me back, I just-"

I kissed him on the lips and replied, "These are happy tears dumb ass, yes of course I'll go to Prom with you." Ryan smiled and picked me up, spinning me around. I laughed and he set me down, and we hugged.

"You're amazing Cassy."

I chuckled and replied, "So are you Ryan." We broke apart, and he picked up his record. Then together, hand in hand, we walked back to Ryan's car.

XXXXXXXX

I AM SO SO SO SO SORRY! I've had so much homework recently, that I've had absolutely no time to write! I promise you, that Jane and I will finish this story, and we won't abandon it! Again, I'm sorry about the wait! ANYWAYS, do you guys like Ryan and Cassy together? I think they're a cute couple! Let us know in the comments! -Emma