Chapter 2

CASSY'S POV

The rest of my classes went by extremely fast since it was a half day at school.  I liked my English and Choir teachers a lot, they were super nice! My Spanish teacher however, was a giant bitch. She yelled constantly at the class and always seemed to pick on me. Lizzie was nice about helping me through the day though! She had Spanish, English, and History with me so that was awesome! Now I was off the Physics and I was totally alone. I walked into the classroom to see it was mostly full but some people were missing. I looked on the board for a seating chart and noticed I was sitting in the back corner with a guy named Logan Jackson. I made my way over to my desk and noticed that Logan wasn't there yet. I sighed and sat down, waiting impatiently for him to get here. Soon, the bell rang and a boy rushed into the room at the last second. He scanned the room and noticed that the only empty seat was across from me. He smiled and strolled over and plopped down into the chair. I couldn't tell how attractive this guy was from across the room but up close...I had to stop myself from drooling. He had sandy blonde hair, electrifying blue eyes, and an amazing build. Also, he had one tiny black stud earring in his ear.

I snapped out of my daze when he spoke, "Hey, I'm Logan. Who are you?" His voice was a little husky and it was pretty soothing. Okay Cassy, play it cool.

"Hi, I'm Cassandra but everyone calls me Cassy." He smiled, flashing a row of perfectly white teeth and I almost passed out right on the spot.

"Cool, nice to meet you Cassy. I can't wait to be science partners this year."

I smiled back and said, "Nice to meet you and I'm looking forward to it." We stopped talking after that since the teacher was talking about the rules for this year and she started passing out books.

I got up with Logan to retrieve my book but he held out a hand and said, "Let me get it for you." I laughed and thanked him. I sat back down in my chair, quietly cheering to myself for meeting this guy. He came back and handed me my book, winking which made giggle like an idiot. The bell finally rang, signaling the end of the school day and students started rushing out of the room. I packed up my stuff and slipped my backpack on. Logan started walking towards the door but turned back around to me and said, "See you tomorrow Cassy." I waved to him and he walked out. I followed soon after with a giant smile plastered on my face. I walked to the parking spot Joey showed me, and I waited for him and Jakob to show up. They came over soon after and Joey shot me a weird look.

"Uh Cassy, why are you smiling so creepily?"

I shook my head a little and blushed, "Oh uh sorry, just thinking." He raised an eyebrow but walked over to the driver's seat. Jakob sat up front, so I just slid in the back. Joey and Jakob started talking about baseball and lacrosse tryouts so I just stared, reflecting about my day. We pulled up to the house and I remembered I had to meet dad at Adeline Records at 2. I walked into the house and noticed Adrienne waiting with sandwiches and fruit.

"Hey guys! I made lunch, sit down and tell me about your first day." We all sat down and she bombarded us with questions but I didn't mind, it was nice to know someone cared. I finished up and noticed it was 1:30.

"Hey Adrienne, could you take me to Adeline Records?" She nodded, already knowing I had to meet Billie so we said goodbye to Joey and Jakob and walked out.

She pulled out and as we were driving she said, "Y'know Cassy, you should start thinking about getting your permit."

I thought for a moment and replied, "Yeah, that's a good idea. Are you going to teach me?"

She smiled and said, "Nope, that's always been Billie's thing. He taught Joey so he'll definitely want to teach you."

I grinned and said, "Okay, I'll start soon." We talked a little longer until we got to Adeline Records and she let me out of the car.