Chapter 25

Cassandra's POV:  

I woke up with a weird feeling in my stomach. It was warm, almost hot. It was pleasant but it also made want to throw up. Did I get sick overnight? I got up and grabbed a thermometer. Sticking it in my mouth, I sat down at my desk and turned on my computer. The first thing that popped up was the home page from my school with the word 'P R O M' spelled out across the top. Prom, Ryan...me? He couldn't possibly want to ask me, could he? I mean he was hot, yeah and super nice but I didn't like him that way, I don't think. Besides I just got out of a relationship, I want-need a break from boys for a while. I slipped on jeans and a flannel. When I was happy with my look, I went down stairs.  

"Hey Cassy! I heard the way you stood up to Logan yesterday! That's awesome!" Joey said.

I smiled slightly, "Thanks Joey."  

"What did you do?" Billie asked.  

"I kinda yelled at him in front of his friends and a bunch of other people at lunch." I said sheepishly.  

"That's badass." Billie said, giving me a smile. "Guys you should head out!" He said looking at the time. I nodded, said goodbye to Billie and Adrienne and followed Joey and Jakob out of the house.  

XXX  

School has been, well, school. I was really nervous about having to sit next to Logan during my last period and everyone knew it. Ryan sat right next to me, trying to calm me down.  

"Sh. Cassy. I know you're nervous but you can do it okay? Trust me. Text me in class if you need to, I have Sports Med that period, so I won't be doing much." He said.  

"I know. I'm just really really nervous. I am going to have to text you to make it through the period." I said, giving Ryan a light hug. He began hugging back and a I laced my fingers together. I just wanted to stay like this. He let go and I was snapped into reality. Ryan looked at me with a soft smile.  

"Do it! We can talk about how we have a half day this week and to cheer you up I am going to take you out for food and maybe we can go to the record store?" He asked.  

I forced a smile, that did sound nice, I nodded and said, "Yeah yeah okay. You're paying." Ryan smiled and me and the bell ring.  

He gave me one more hug and said, "See you tomorrow!" I smiled and walked the opposite way. Even Cole could tell I was nervous. I really need to get better at hiding my emotions.  

"Oh c'mon princess, it won't be that bad! Just ignore him!" Cole said.  

"It's not that easy!! I sit right next to him! He's going to glare at me or get me in trouble" I said burying my head into my arms.  

"Look, Cassy, it's not going to be as bad as you think, you're psyching yourself out! If it is bad, ask your teacher to move closer to the front because you can't see or something." Cole said.  

I nodded, "you're right."  

"I always am! Now c'mon wanna do some math?" I glared at him. "Alright fine. I'll be over tonight anyways, we Can just do it then." Cole said defensively, raising his hands in surrender.  

"Thank you!" I sighed resting my head on my hands. Cole and I talked for the rest of the period, mainly about Emily's Army's new album that's coming out. I laughed every time he tried to tell me about a song because I had already heard them 100 times during EA's practice.  

The period ended and we went our separate ways, but not before a hug and a "See you tonight!" From Cole. I made my way to science with a new found confidence. Right before I stepped into class, my phone buzzed.  

From Ryan:

Good luck Cassy!! Text me if you need it.

I smiled at the text an put my phone away. I walked into the classroom to see Logan sitting at the lab table. When I walked in, he smirked and began talking to the slutty girl next to him. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to him.  

"Hi Logan!" I chirped. He seemed taken back by my perkiness and in all honesty, so was I.  

"Hi." He spat turning back to the girl. I laughed quietly to myself. Was he trying to make me jealous? The class began and we were given a worksheet to do individually or with partners.  

"Hey. Will you move she can sit down." Logan's voice rang with annoyance. I looked up and saw the skanky girl in front of me.  

She smiled slightly and I knew there was no point in fighting her and Logan both so I nodded, "Yeah sure." I grabbed my stuff and switched seats with the girl.  

"Thank god she's gone." I heard Logan mutter, "Only pretty girls are aloud to sit here." Logan turned and smirked at me. Yeah, he was definitely trying to make me Jealous. I took out my phone and texted Ryan.  

From me:

I'm going to have to take you up on the offer of food. Logan is just-wow. Long story tell you tomorrow!  

I sighed and went back to work.  

XXX  

"Hey Cassy, what do you want for Dinner?" Billie asked, coming into my bedroom.  

"Hm, Sushi sounds really good." I smiled.  

"Damn, you and Joey both. Okay well, I'm going to go get some with Adrienne and bring it back. Cole and Travis are over right now so keep the house in check for me will you?" Billie asked.  

I giggled and nodded, "I'll do my best."   

"Thanks Kiddo, see you soon." Billie smiled and left my room. 25 minutes later someone else walked into my room; it was Cole. "What are you doing here?" I asked.  

Cole scoffed, "Do you want me to leave?"  

"Don't get your panties in a twist, I meant shouldn't you be practicing?"  

"Should I be? Yes. But your dickhead brother decided to face time his Girlfriend so Travis is eating your food and I came here." Cole said.  

I laughed slightly, "Well are you going to sit or just be awkward in the doorway?" I asked.

"You love my awkward." Cole teased.  

"Oh yeah, it's really appealing." I rolled my eyes. Cole sat down next to me on my bed and I went back to working. Cole decides to poke my cheek but I ignored it. He began Doing it more frequently and I finally got fed up. "Stop!" I whined.  

"Or what?"  

"I'll slap you."  

"You wouldn't."  

I smirked and said, "Try me."  

Cole poked me again so I raised my arm to slap him. Cole grabbed my wrists and looked into my eyes. He leaned in slowly and I reciprocated. I took a short breath right before our lips touched.   

XXXXXX

A/N: DUH DUH DUHHHHHH!! What do you think is going to happen? Sorry it takes us so long to update, school is making it hard to write and upload! Thanks for reading! ~Jane