Chapter 10

CASSY'S POV

I headed to soccer practice, super excited since Logan had asked me out. I walked into the locker room, a giant smile plastered on my face. I headed to Valerie, where she was opening our locker, and she took one look at my face and asked, "Wow that's creepy, so who asked you out?"

I crossed my arms and faked pouted, "How'd you know that?"

She winked and said, "Cassy, I know everything, so who was it?"

I blushed and said, "Logan Jackson."

Valerie flinched at his name, "Cassy, that boy is bad news."

I frowned, "I've heard that before, but trust me, we both like each other a lot! It'll be fine."

Valerie rolled her eyes, "We'll discuss this later, hurry get changed for practice!" I quickly changed into my soccer stuff and threw my hair up in a ponytail. I rushed out with the other girls and we met up with our Coach.

"Okay girls, settle down. Congratulations on making the team, but now it's time to get serious. I want to have a successful year so you'll all need to be in tip top shape. We're going to start practice off with three laps around the track and then we'll get into some drills and places on the team. You ready?" We all screamed yes and he sent us out to run. Valerie and I kept up a good pace and we finished towards the front. We all got a quick sip of water and ran back to our Coach. We did some trapping drills, practiced ball control, and did some penalty kicks. I did pretty well and Coach finally sat us down to figure out where we would be playing most of the year. "Okay, so places for the team are: Abby as goalie, Sarah as left defense, Kaylee as center defense, Miriam as right defense, Mikayla as left mid, Valerie as right mid, Cassandra as left forward, Maya as center forward, and Bianca as right forward." Wow I got placed as a forward, I'm so excited! I wish Valerie was on my side though, we play well together. Coach finished up the day and we all ran to the locker room. I quickly changed and said a rushed goodbye to Valerie since Billie was probably already waiting for me. I threw on my backpack and picked up my soccer bag, speed walking to the parking lot. I passed by the baseball diamond and noticed Jakob standing on second base. He seemed really into the game and soon he was running to third base, since the ball was hit. I smirked and I got to the parking lot, noticing Billie's vintage car parked towards the back of the lot. I headed over, and opened the door, throwing in my bags and sliding in.

"Smooth maneuvering." Billie said and I smiled.

"What can I say? I'm pretty damn fabulous."

He laughed, pulling out of the parking lot, "Well you get that from your Dad." I scoffed jokingly and Billie fake pouted. He seemed to be in a good mood so I thought about telling him about my date with Logan. I knew he would get all protective, so I had to do this right. I was about to open my mouth to tell him but I hesitated. "C'mon Cassy, just say it." I urged myself and I internally fought with myself.

"Uh Cassy, you okay?" Billie asked, giving me a weird look.

I laughed nervously, "Haha, uh yeah...sorry." Billie just shrugged and finally pulled up to the house. I followed him in and quickly headed upstairs after shouting hi to Adrienne. I went into the family room and sat down on the coach with my backpack. I started my homework but ended up getting distracted every 5 minutes. I sat there for an hour and suddenly I heard Joey and Jakob come home. I walked over to the banister and noticed that Travis, Cole, and Max were here as well. They all made there way into the kitchen and soon, Joey led his friends upstairs to the music room.

"Guess they're practicing there instead of the garage today, great loud noise." I thought, sighing since I would never concentrate on homework now. I listened as they played through some songs at Lost at Seventeen. I loved listening to them play, they were really good for a newer band.

Soon, they finished up and I heard the door open and Cole yell, "I'm going downstairs, I'll be back." He walked towards the stairs, but noticed me sitting as he walked by the Family Room. "Cassy! Didn't know you were home." Cole greeted as he walked in.

He plopped down on the coach next to me and I said, "Yup, I'm trying to do the Math homework but I got distracted by you guys playing."

He smiled and said, "Hahaha yeah, we're pretty fantastic right?"

I winked at him, "Sure, you are."

Cole rolled his eyes and laughed, then he asked, "So, you're working on our homework?"

"Yeah, it's really difficult though." I sighed.

Cole smirked and said, "I'll be done with practice in 10 minutes, want me to come back and work on it with you?" I smiled and nodded yes. He smiled and walked back to where the guys were practicing. I heard them play through two more songs before they all headed out and Cole came back.

"Alright Cassy, lets do this." I handed him a pencil and a piece of paper and we started working. Most of the time Cole tried flirting which would make me laugh, and I'd loose my place in the problem...so we weren't getting much done. Suddenly, Cole took my pencil out of my hand and held it in the air, moving his legs on top of mine so I couldn't get up to get it.

"Cole, give me my pencil back." I whined, but I was still laughing as he waved it around in the air.

"Nope, you tease me all the time, so this is payback." I tried to reach up and get it but I'm cursed with short arms.

"Ugh you're so annoying." I complained and Cole just laughed harder then he already was. "That's it!" I exclaimed and I scrambled out from underneath his legs, climbing partly on top of him to reach it.

Finally I got it but I heard someone say, "Woahhh, what's happening in here?" I looked up to see Joey standing there looking amused, but a little creeped out.

"Uhh, math homework?" Cole responded, pretty unsure of his answer.

"Yeah, sure." Joey rolled his eyes, but walked away to his room.

"Ugh Cole, now he's gonna pester me about this."

Cole just smirked triumphantly and said, "Sucks for you."

I frowned and said, "You're mean to me." He laughed and we finally concentrated on our homework and finished it. Cole said goodbye and left, telling me he'd see me at school. Then I remembered I still had to ask Dad about going out with Logan. I heard him humming happily in the kitchen downstairs and I thought to myself, "Well, he's in a good mood, I guess it's now or never." Then I headed over, hoping that if I was lucky enough, he'd say yes.

XXXXXXXXX

How'd you guys like it? What do you think about Cole and Cassy? Cassy and Logan? Let us know in the comments! Thanks for reading! -Emma