Chapter 30

CASSY'S POV

After the Prom and Soccer Championship hype died down, things started going back to normal. My relationship with Ryan is going great, and we couldn't be happier. Chelsea and Conner are doing amazing, they do still bicker but they always make up quickly. Lizzie, Valerie, and Tyler are all single but they don't really seem to care. My grades were also going up, because when I first got my concussion, school was pretty hard.

Ryan and I walked hand in hand down the hall, and we were both talking excitedly about Summer vacation that seemed to be creeping up fast. I was happy to be wearing my summer clothes again, and today I was wearing an electric blue high waisted skirt, a grey tank top, a brown belt, and black high tops. My happy mood changed however, once Ryan and I ran into Logan fucking Jackson.

"Well well well, what do we have here? Cassy, you moved on fast." Logan teased, though his eyes were clouded with anger.

"Well apparently you moved on even faster, since you went out with someone else while were still dating." I growled, squeezing Ryan's hand. Logan walked a little closer, and I couldn't help but feel a spark of fear since he towered over me since I was so short. I felt better since Ryan was with me, and he was even taller than Logan. He stepped a little closer to Logan as well, slightly shielding me.

"I forgot how spunky you are Cassandra, I miss that." Logan said.

"What do you want Logan?" I asked, irritated.

"Oh nothing, I just heard about your brother's band's concert. Emily's Army is it?" He asked, though I could tell he didn't really care.

"Yeah, not like you're welcome though." I snapped.

"Why the hell would I want to go, their music is shitty. I only put up with it while we were dating so you'd kiss me." He mentioned, and I could feel the anger rising in my chest.

"Hey man, back off." Ryan stepped in, sensing my rising aggression.

"I see Cassy's got you under her spell. Don't let yourself become completely whipped, she's not worth it." Logan warned, and I was about ready to blow.

"Cassy's a much better person than you could ever dream to be. Why don't you just get out of here Logan, you're making yourself look pathetic." Ryan spat, standing up even taller then he was.

"Whatever, have fun at the lame ass concert." Logan retorted, storming away.

I sighed frustratedly, and Ryan whirled around. "You okay?"

"I'm fine. Thanks for standing up for me, but you know I could do it myself." I was getting tired of people treating me like I was a fragile doll. It's sweet that everyone cares, but I want to be able to stand up for myself.

"I know babe, I just hate the way he talks to you and I can't help myself." Ryan exclaimed and I smiled.

"It's all good, let's just get to lunch." I said, and together we headed to lunch, but I couldn't shake Logan's words out of my head. He had completely and utterly used me, and I was not only mad at him, but at myself for letting him fool me so easily.

XXXXXXXX

"I'll get it!" I yelled, racing down the stairs to answer the door. Everyone else was going insane getting ready for the Emily's Army concert, and the boys were about to leave. I opened the door to see Morgan standing there, dressed in a black dress, jean jacket, and purple scarf.

"Hey Morgan! Come on in." I stepped out of the way, and let her inside.

"Hey Cassy, what's up?" She asked, pushing her hair behind her ear.