Chapter 14

CASSY'S POV

The rest of the weekend went by quickly and soon enough it was Monday morning. It was warm but foggy outside so I thew on shorts, a dark green long sleeve shirt, a dark grey knit beanie, a dark brown belt, and black converse. I quickly brushed my hair so it fell in loose curls and when I slipped my beanie back on, my hair still cascaded down my back. I put on some eyeliner and mascara, and brushed my teeth.

I guess I was running late this morning because I heard Joey's voice yell, "Cassy! Hurry up! We're gonna be late!"

I yelled back, "Coming!" I grabbed my backpack, my phone, and raced downstairs. I quickly grabbed my lunch from Adrienne, yelled goodbye, and ran after my brothers out the front door.

XXXXXXXXXXX

I was relieved to finally get to Math class after Lizzie's many, many questions about Logan and my date. Cole was already sitting at his desk and he was intensely writing something in his notebook.

I walked over, sat down, and asked, "Whatcha up to Cole?"

He looked at me for a second and went back to writing, quickly muttering, "Got an idea for song lyrics, I'm quickly jotting them down." I watched as he wrote for a couple more minutes and then he asked, "Hey, will you read this part? It's for a song on Lost at 17." I nodded and he passed me his notes.

You look so silly when you scowl

No one's insulting you right now

Your guard will never be let down, will it?

You can't connect with anyone, you'll never sit beneath the sun

You're no fun

I handed Cole his notebook and said, "I love it! It's really good."

Cole smiled and said, "Awesome, after I finish this song, Max has to finish one more song, and we're done!"

I high fived him and said, "The album is going to be amazing!"

Cole winked and said, "You bet it is." I laughed and class started. We spent the whole period writing down notes for a upcoming test, and while I was writing, I could see Cole look over occasionally and look at me. I tried to ignore it, but I wondered why he kept looking at me.

I finished writing and I heard my teacher call out, "Cassandra, I need to see you after school today to talk about a mix up with a grade on your homework."

I replied, "Okay, I'll be there." He nodded and the bell rang, and all the students filed out. I said goodbye to Cole and pulled out my phone to tell Joey that I needed to stay after school.

Cassy: hey Joey, I need to stay after school for math.

Joey: k, after I drop Jake at home, I can come back for you cause dad and mom won't be home.

Cassy: kk, thanks Joey!

Joey: No problem Cassy.

I tucked my phone back in my pocket and headed off to my next class.

XXXXXXXXXX

I sat down in my Physics class and waited for Logan to show up. I was so excited to see him after our kiss, now I could tell we were both really into each other. He waltzed in and as usual, he looked amazing.

"Hey Punk, you look gorgeous as usual."

I giggled and said, "Thanks babe, I loved our date."

He winked and replied, "Only the best for you." I blushed and soon class stared, but Logan started playing footsie under the desks with me. My eyes widened in surprise but I started playing back. It was dead silent in the room, so I was trying to be quiet. We started taking notes and suddenly Logan's foot slipped and kicked me in the shin and I yelped. Everyone turned to look at me and I blushed, embarrased.