Chapter 29

Prom was to say the least, incredible. Those were memories that would be imbedded in my memory forever. Today, I was headed with Billie to the doctors to see if I could start playing again.

"Ready, kiddo?" Billie asked. I nodded, throwing a sweatshirt over my head and following him out the front. "Nervous?" Billie asked.

I nodded, "Well yeah, I've been dying to get out and do something again! If she says I can't do anything, I'm going to be really pissed."

Billie laughed, "As long as you keep that fire burning in you." I smiled a bit.

We pulled into a parking spot and we both go out. "You don't have to walk me in, you know." I said.

"I know, but you're getting an MRI Cassy."

"Yeah so? I've already gotten 3." I shrugged.

"Just let me be protective, okay?" He asked. I rolled my eyes, but I thought it was sweet that he cared. I walked up to front desk and the woman asked,

"Name?"

"Cassandra King." I spoke. She nodded and handed me my form.

"Take a seat, we will call your name when we are ready for you."

I sat down and filled out my form. 10 minutes later the door opened, "Cassandra." I stood up. Billie was about to but I shook my head. I followed the nurse. She took my weight, height, eyesight an blood pressure. After I was left alone in the room to change. That's when my nerves started really kicking.

"Hello Cassy!" My doctor said, stepping into my room.

"Hi." I said softly.

"You ready for that cat-scan?" She asked.

"I guess." We traveled down a maze of white hallways and I was starting to feel like I was in a mental asylum. Finally we arrived in the MRI room.

"Alright, you know the drill. Just hop up on the table and lay down." My doctor said. I felt the sweats starting-I hated the machine. It freaked me out. "Alright, here we go." My doctor pressed the button and the table started moving me into the cat-scan. "Cassy I need you to stop fidgeting. We can't get an accurate scan with all the moving.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Don't panic." She said. Because that's something you tell someone with anxiety disorder and panic attacks when they are on the verge of a meltdown. I closed my eyes to compose myself. When I opened them I had my Dad's voice ringing in the back of my head

"I'm the son of rage and love, the Jesus of suburbia." It was the only thing that really ever helped me stay calm and it did.

XXX

I sat waiting for my results, now fully clothed with my dad sitting next to me.

"Well Cassy, I have some fantastic news!" My doctor said. My ears perked up. "You've shown major improvement! You can begin running again. I still want you to be careful, but here is my signature if you'd like to give this to your coach to let him know I gave you the 'okay' to play."

"Thank you so much!" I gasped. Billie smiled and gave me a huge hug.

"Congrats kiddo."

"Thanks, Dad." I beamed. We headed out if the hospital and I texted Valerie and Ryan:

Me: Hey...guess who just got their right of passage to play again???

Valerie: Holy shit! Yay we so need you in the championships

Ryan: YAYY! Congrats! Can't wait to cheer you on Xx...you too Valerie

Me: Thanks Val! Although, I'm not sure if the coach will let me play. I hope he does! And thanks babe Xx.