04. "Is this your teddy bear?"

Harry's POV

Five days have gone by since Katie arrived to New York. We went out for a run every morning since then and I must admit, we became very close. I actually don't know how is this possible in such a short amount of time, but we simply trust each other. I've told her a lot of things and she entrusted some things to me.

Lou is going home today and leaving all the work to her. I think she won't have any problems. She's wonderful at this job and you could see she's really enjoying it.

I went over to Katie's room and rang the doorbell.

“Hi Katie, are you busy? Would you like to go out for lunch with us?”

“Oh thanks, I was just heading out the door to get some lunch, so yeah, I'd love too, Harry. I just need a second to finish getting ready. Come on in.”

I entered the room and sat down on the bed. I noticed she had a rather scruffy-looking teddy bear set by her pillow. It didn't look exactly new.

“Is this your teddy bear?”

“Yes, an old friend gave it to me.”

“How adorable. I'd love to have a teddy bear like this.”

“You could borrow it for a few days.” she added with s smile on her face.

“Oh no, I don't think that's necessary. But it is really cute.”

Katie and I were walking to the restaurant.

“Where are the other boys?” she asked me.

“Actually, it's just the two of us.”

“But you said if I would come with you. Plural.”

“I always say it like that. Or do I?”

“Oh, Harry, I like it when you're embarrassed.”

I really was a little bit embarrassed, actually I didn't know how to ask her out. I know we hang out every day and spend our free time together, but still.