21. "Damn!"

Harry's POV

Katie came to stay at my place in London for a couple of days. I wasn't allowed to be seen with her outside the apartment. We had to think things through over and over before we went anywhere to make sure no one saw us.

I went to the grocery store this morning. She was still asleep. I wanted to surprise her and make her breakfast in bed. I hope she'll still be sleeping when I get back. I had to buy some food, because I ran out of everything. I was walking down the isle, picking the things I needed from the shelves. I was standing by the cash register when I noticed a title on one of the magazines on the stand.

--- Exclusive: the new stylist is Harry's girlfriend! ---

I grabbed one magazine, threw it onto the cash register, paid for my stuff and went back to my car. Before I could even close the car door I opened the magazine and started reading.

--- The stylist, Katie, was caught numerous times leaving the apartment which belongs to the popular member of the boy band One Direction, Harry Styles. Is there something more than friendship between them? Or does Harry simply need someone to keep his bed warm? ---

“Damn!”

Katie's POV

“Good morning, love.” I heard Harry's voice.

I turned around and saw that he brought me breakfast.

“Oh, Harry. Why? You shouldn't have.”

“Anything for you.” He said, put the tray down on the bed and kissed me.

“Bon appetite.”

“Thank you, Harry.”

How nice of him. He really made my day by preparing such a wonderful breakfast. My favorite smoothie, bacon and a piece of toast. I ate everything that he prepared for me and went to the kitchen. I put down the tray on the counter and saw the magazine.

“Harry, what's this?” I asked.

“It's just as it looks. Read it.”

I opened the magazine and started reading.

“I told you! We can't hide anything.” I was upset. This lovely morning with the best breakfast and the best person in the world quickly turned into a big failure.

“I guess so.”

“Harry, we're in trouble.”

“I know.”

Not even one hour passed when Harry's phone rang.

“Hello?”

I was listening to what he was saying, but he was only using the words 'yes' and 'no' so I couldn't make out what they were talking about.

“... Goodbye.”

“Harry, who was that?” I quickly asked.

“They will call you too.”

“Who the hell?” I added nervously.

He was quiet. At the same moment my phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Katie, you broke the rules that we agreed upon when you took this job. We let it slide the first time. But we will not do it again. You're fired. From today on you must never see him again. We will email you the instructions or would you like to see us in person?”

“What instructions? Why do I must come see you if I'm fired?” I demanded.

“We will pay you to stay away from him.”

“What? I'm sorry, but I'm not interested.”

“Listen, we're talking about large amounts of money here.”

“I'm not interested.”

“Kate, you'd be making as much money in a week as you'd get in a whole year someplace else.”

“Thank you, but I'm really not interested.”

“Well, think about it and call us back or come by our offices in an hour. If we won't hear from you, we will come to you.”

“Okay, goodbye.”

Harry's POV

“Will you take the offer?”

“Harry, what's the matter with you? I won't let you go again. I'm not interested in that kind of money. It's not all about the money in life, don't you think?”

“That's true, but do you know how much money we're talking about here?”

“I know, but I can earn enough money the right way, not like that. To me, love means much more than money in life. I won't let myself lose you again because of them.”

“Everything's gonna be fine, Katie, I just wanted to know what you were planing on doing.” I added and hugged her.

“Take me to them, please.”

“Right now?”

“Please.”