13. "Why are you crying?"

Liam's POV

We were lounging on the deck chairs, absorbing the sunrays. The weather here is absolutely amazing and I love the time when I can relax by the pool.

“Oh, I'm really hot already. I'm going in the water.” she said.

“Me too.”

I picked her up and carried her while running to the pool.

“Liaaam, please, nooo, plea...”

Bam and we were both in the pool. As we resurfaced we started laughing. She grabbed my head.

“Payback!” she screamed and pushed me underwater.

It was just like back in the day. I felt exactly like when we were younger. We were laughing all the time, just enjoying each other's company.

“Liam, can I ask you something?”

“Always.”

“Do you still have feelings for Danielle?”

I'd be lying if I said no. But if I say yes then I'll lose any chance I might have with Katie.

“Liam?”

I felt uncomfortable, I turned away from her. “Of course I still have feelings for her. You can't just forget a relationship like that. You need time. But I feel much better than at the beginning.” Then I saw Harry walking towards the pool. I think he didn't notice us, but I still felt uneasy.

“You still love her, don't you?”

I was quiet.

“Liam, I think you're looking for a solution to finally forget Danielle. Don't get me wrong, but I know that you still have strong feelings for her. I know you too well to not notice it.”

Maybe she was right.

“I want you to be with Harry. He could give you everything you wish and deserve. If you'll be happy with him, then I'll be happy too.”

“I love you so much, as a friend and I don't want to lose you. You mean so much to me.”

I hugged her. “I don't want to lose you too, Katie.” was the last thing I said to her and left.

That's when I realized that I'm not the one to make her happy. She was right, I still didn't get over Danielle. And truth be told, Katie and I were soo young back then. We were completely different persons than we are now.

Harry's POV

“Harry, please, don't hurt her.”

“Why me? She's on your hands now.” I replied.

“Promise me you won't hurt her. I don't want her to suffer like I'm suffering now.” Liam said.

“What did she say to you?”

“Doesn't matter.” he said and went to the hotel.

I sat down on the deck chair beside her, she approached me and tried to kiss me, but I turned my head away.

“Harry, I've had enough of this. Why doesn't anyone understand me? I'm only human, we all make mistakes. Why don't you believe me? Why? I love you. I can't love him back, like I love you. So what now I'm supposed to get over both of you or do you want us to hold grudges like we're 10 years old? Why don't you simply believe me? Obviously, I'm not worthy of your trust.”

“Katie, calm down. What do you mean, you can't love him back?”

“If I could then I probably wouldn't wait more than a month to talk to him, don't you think? We were young back then and we were different people. He was a great friend and he still is, but I can't love him. We changed. We both did. If we still had that spark between us we would feel it on the first day, not only now. Fine, if you don't want me then you can tell me now. You don't have to beat around the bush.”

She was completely out of it, she could barely talk.

“I'm sorry Katie, I know that this isn't easy for you, but I can't think right now. Let's let things run their course and we'll se what happens.”

“You can't think? Let's let thing run their course? Do you think I'll wait another year for you to make up your mind and tell me what you feel towards me? No Harry, I won't. This is typical men behavior. You're not capable of doing anything.”

She took her towel and left for the hotel.

Katie's POV

“Katie, what's

“Don't talk to me Zayn, just go away.”

“Why are you crying?”

“You're all the same.” I added and left.

Harry's POV

“Do you by any chance know what happened to Katie? I met her in the hall and her face was all tear-stained.” I heard Zayn approaching me. “Harry, what the hell is wrong with you too?”

“Nothing.”

“You and Katie had a thing, right? You were good at hiding it for a little while. Congrats. But after a while we all figured it out, we just didn't want to say anything.”

“We didn't have a thing.”

“Don't lie to yourself. Why are you both crying then? Did someone die?”

“Actually... it's a long story.”

“I'm willing to listen, Harry.”

“It all started when...” I told him everything that happened since Katie replaced Lou.

“This is like a soap opera.” he joked.

“Zayn how can you laugh in a moment like this?”

“I'm sorry, I just wanted to cheer you up. I know this isn't easy, but it'll all work out in the end. But on one hand, you're actually the one to blame. Why did you let her go if you love her? Why did you let her go and crying on top of that? I would never let that happen. Think about it Harry.”

“But... we're going home in three days.”

“Yes, but after that we'll be continuing our tour. She'll come to Australia with us too.”

“But that's a long time from now.”

“Harry, time goes by quickly. It'll be over before you know it. I'm telling you, think about it, before it's too late. She told you how she felt and she wasn't lying, believe me.”