18. "Liam, go away."

Katie's POV

Today I woke up in an amazingly good mood. I don't know why, but I was simply happy. Only two more days and then we're going home for a little while. I couldn't wait to see my family again.

I went downstairs to get some breakfast. I took some fruit and a yogurt and went back to my hotel room. I slept a little longer today, therefore it was really hot outside already. That's why I decided to go straight into the pool and skip my morning exercise. I slipped into my favorite turquoise bathing suit, grabbed my towel and my book and went to the pool.

There were a few people by the pool, but it wasn't too crowded. I laid down on the deck chair, opened my book and began to absorb the sunrays. My phone rang. I got a text. Harry.

            -- Katie, I beg you, please come up to my room. Please. --

How dare he send me this text. How could he even think of that. I put down my phone and continued reading my book. After a few seconds I got another text.

            -- Answer me, please. I saw that you read my text. --

How the hell did he see that? He must be spying on me through the window, how dare he? I got uncomfortable. What should I write back?

            -- No, I'm not going anywhere. If it's so urgent then you come to me. --

Just as I put the phone down again I got a reply.

            -- We mustn't be seen together. Would you come if I ask really nicely? --           

            -- No! --

            -- Please, Katie. --

He's driving me crazy. How dare he?

I decided to go up to him to shut him up for good. I left my stuff by the deck chair and went to his room. I didn't have to knock, the door was already open. He came up to me, took my hand, pulled me into the room and locked the door.

“Harry, unlock the door, now.” I said with a slightly raised voice. “It's not going to happen again, if you think that.”

“Listen, Katie.”

“Yeah, I'm listening.”

“It's not like it seems.”

“How is it not?” I asked. I tried to act like I didn't care. But I did care. I was hurt and humiliated, but I still loved him.

“Wait for me to explain, please. Can you just listen?”

“Harry. What happened between us that night, it won't happen again.”

“I don't want it to,  Katie. I'm so sorry.”

“Why didn't you greet me at breakfast then?”

“I'm sorry. It was very rude of me.”

“You don't have to apologize. There is no apology for this.” I added. “Can I go now?”

“No. I'm not finished yet.”

“Well, get on with it then. I don't have all day.”

“How can I make it up to you?”

“You can't.”

He looked me in the eye and held my hands. “Katie, I love you.”

“I love you too, but it's too late now.”

“Would you give me another chance?”

“Never in your wildest dreams.” I replied, yanked my hands out of his, unlocked the door and left.

I returned to the pool. I picked up my book. I got entirely submerged in reading.

“Good morning Katie. How are you today?” Liam said.

“Oh, you scared me. I'm okay, thanks. I'm sorry, but they banned me from seeing you.”

“What do you mean by that?” He asked me in disbelief.

“They told me yesterday to stay away from you and Harry. Well, I intend to stay far away from him anyway.”

“Haha, I'm sorry, but you can't get away from me.”

“I know Liam, but if they see me with you there will be trouble. I promised to keep away from you two.”

“Katie, what did we talk about yesterday?” I heard a voice from behind me.

I turned around and said “I was just telling him about that.”

“There are a lot of paparazzi around here, don't you see? The rumors will start again.”

“There's nothing between us, why can't we just be friends. Isn't it suspicious that we don't hang out anymore, just like that?” Liam said.

“Liam! I will say the same thing I said to Harry. Stay away from her.”

He told Harry to stay away from me. When did he say this to him? Was this why he was avoiding me? Ah, probably not, I thought.

“Liam, go away.” the man said.

“No I won't.” Liam said, raising his voice.

“Liam!”

“Please! Don't ruin my friendship again. There's nothing more between us than friendship.”

“I won't say it again, Liam!”

“I'm not going anywhere, and that's final.”

“Okay, Liam. If you say so, so be it. But if there is something more than friendship between you two... you know what comes next.”