09. "My love?"

Katie's POV

Another week passed and I was just getting the guys ready for the concert.

“Harry can you please sit still. I really can't do your hair if you keep turning left and right.” I added with a smile on my face.

The atmosphere backstage was phenomenal. They were all full of energy, the kept jumping up and down. I couldn't wait until they went on stage and transfer some of that energy onto the audience.

“Would you sit still already!”

“I will, I promise.” he smiled and tickled my sides.

Not even one minute passed and he was yet again moving his head in all directions. Left, right, up, down.

“Harry!” I looked him in the eye and we both burst out laughing.

“Oops, I'm sorry.” he tried to kiss me, but I moved away. No one knows of our relationship yet.

After twenty minutes I finally managed to finish his hair.

“You look great, your hair is really gorgeous. Who's next?” I asked.

“Me.” I heard Liam's voice.

“Okay, come on over.”

The other boys were playing football right next to us and screaming on top of their lungs. Suddenly the ball flew straight into the mirror, broke it and knocked down all the things that were stored on the shelf in the process.

“Boys, please, can you go play outside? Look at what you've done.”

“Let's goooo out, let's go out.” Niall started shouting.

“And who will clean this up?” I asked.

“We'll do it later.”

“Oh, boys, what will I do with you?”

Liam's POV

We were left alone. I talked to Katie about the concert and about everything in general that had to do with our tour. I was thinking if I should break the ice or not. I was in quite of a pickle. We'll probably both feel bad after. What should I do? Yes or no?

“Katie, why didn't you ever contact me?”

The room went quiet.

“Katie?”

“Yes.”

“Why didn't you ever contact me?”

“Liam, why now? This wasn't all my fault.”

“I'm sorry, I know.”

“I was always thinking about you, but your life changed, you became famous and since then I knew I had no way of contacting you again. Why didn't you ever call me or anything?”

“I'm sorry, but our paths separated before I became famous. My life did change when I applied for xFactor for the second time. But despite all the fame and everything that comes with it I must admit to you, I still thought of you every night before I went to bed. In fact, I still do it now. I simply can't get past all the adventures we're been through together. Do you remember how we used to plan our future?”

“Of course I remember, I remember like it was yesterday.”

“I don't know why we didn't talk about this sooner. When you first walked through that door and joined us on tour I couldn't believe my eyes. I wasn't expecting you. I was completely shocked. That's when I crawled into my shell and started thinking if you even still remember me. I knew you lost interest in me and you didn't want to talk to me anymore. You don't know how hard it is thinking that you're losing your best friend.”

“It was hard for me too. I was afraid and I kept thinking what if you don't want me anymore. I felt really bad, like I forced myself back into your life again. When I applied for the job they didn't give us any details about who we'll be working with. If I knew I probably wouldn't apply. But then I got chosen. Then I finally found out who I will be working with and where.”

I stood up from my chair. I wanted everything to be like it was back in the day. I hugged her.

“Katie, I'm sorry for all that happ...”

“Katie, Niall messed up my...”

The door swung open.

“... hair with the ball.” I hear Harry's voice.

We both turned to the door and stood still.

“Come here, I'll fix it for you.” she said.

Katie's POV

“There you go. You can go back to play football now.”

“Thank you my love.”

“My love?” Liam asked puzzled.

I suddenly felt really uncomfortable. He probably noticed it.

“You and Harry?”

I stood still and just looked at him. My eyes were watering. The room was completely silent.

“Liam, where were you before? What were you waiting for?” I shouted.

“Me? I was waiting? You could of came to me!” he replied both angry and sad and started walking to the exit.

“Liam, wait.” I grabbed his hand and pulled him back. He yanked his hand from mine and left.

“Liiaaaam!” I shouted again, but with no luck. He didn't look back, like he didn't even hear me and continued walking.

At the same moment I noticed Harry in the corner of my eye, staring at me. I looked at the ground and took a step backwards, so that no one could see me. I hurt him, I hurt him. Why? I knew him too well to believe that he was okay.

“What happened?” Harry suddenly appeared behind me. He stepped closer. “Katie, what's wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Tell me, I said I will always try to help you!”

“Not now Harry.”

“I've had enough of this! What happened with Liam?” he shouted at me.

“What are you yelling at me for?”

“I'm sorry. I always have to beg you to tell me what's wrong. Even though I told you at least a hundred times that I will always be there for you. Why are you like this?”

“Like what?” I added angrily.

“Don't you trust me?”

“Of course I do. This is so hard. I can't do this anymore!” That's when the tears started streaming down my face and I started crying my heart out.

“Come here, let me hug you.” I took a step forward into his embrace. “What happened?” he whispered in my ear.

“He found out about us.”

“Damn!”