I Will Be Strong For You (A Nathan Sykes Fanfic)

"Dani, get down here, you're going to be late for your first day!" Courtney yelled from downstairs. Aka, my stepmom. I looked at the almost 4 year old me in the mirror and ran downstairs. "Eat. Now." Courtney said sternly tossing an apple at me. I caught it right as it was inches away from my face.

Courtney was my stepmom ever since I was an early 3 year old. My real Mum moved away a few months before Courtney came in. Ever since that day, I call my Mum every night. She always tell me she loves me, and wishes me the best. She means everything to me. As I ate, Courtney tried fixing my hair. "Courtney?" I asked her as she brushed my hair. I didn't try calling her Mom, because she's not. "What?" She asked. "You're hurting me." I said putting my empty hand up to my head. Courtney was combing my hair and it felt like my brain was being pulled out of my head. "Do you want to look nice?" She asked, her voice filled with an annoyed attitude. I rolled my eyes. "Okay, I give up." She said putting down the comb from by light brown hair. My hair was naturally wavy, like my Mum.

I looked at myself in the small mirror Courtney place next to me. My hair was a mess. I quickly grabbed the comb and made my hair back to the way it was when I came downstairs. Right when I finished, the bus honked. "Bye Baby!" My dad said running down. I ran up to him and gave him a hug as he picked my up. "Can you walk me out, Daddy?" I asked as he put me down. "Of course, pumpkin." He said grabbing my hand and walking me out the door.

The big bus was waiting for me. We walked up, hand in hand. The door opened, ready for me to step in. "Have fun, cupcake." My dad said bending down next to me. I loved how Daddy gave me so many nicknames. I gave him another hug. "Bye Daddy." I said and headed in. I started walking, looking for a seat, then the bus started with a jolt. I fell over onto a seat. "Oi. Are you okay?" I heard a boy's voice say. I looked up to see a boy with hair that went slightly over his bright green eyes. He looked like a sloth. Haha, weird imagination.

"Um, yeah. Sorry." I said holding myself up and sitting down correctly next to him. "I'm Nathan. What's your name?" Nathan asked looking at me. "I'm Danielle. Dani for short." I said smiled. "Well, Dani. Um, Would you, uh. Like to be my, uh, best friend?" He asked playing with his hands. "Okay, Nathan!" His face shout up immediately with a smile. "Best friends, for. uh. um. forever?" he asked, hope in his eyes. "Best friends forever." I said holding out my hand and pinky. Nathan looked at my hand confused. I laughed a little. "Do what I am doing." I instructed. He did. I entwined my pinkie in his and kissed my hand. Nathan did as I did.

I let go and looked at Nathan smiling. "What was that?" he asked, glee in his voice. 'Its the best friend promise. If you break the promise, we never talk to each other ever again." I said. Nathan looked down disappointedly. "I want to talk to you though." He said looking up at me. "Then don't break the promise." I said smiling. He smiled and nodded. The whole ride to school was filled with laughter with my best friend, Nathan Sykes

I hope you enjoy! :) x