40) Butterfly Kisses

"But, Dad. I don't want to leave, yet! I want to stay and play with Sykes!" I pleaded at my dad. Nathan and I were 4. We were playing with toy blocks in his room.

"You can play tomorrow, honey." He leaned down.

"Please, Daddy? You are just next door. You can sleep in my room and watch me if it makes you feel better."

He sighed. "Okay, princess. But, I am going to miss your cups of tea." He pouted his lip. I laughed at my Dad and poked his lip.

"I'll make you one right now, Daddy." I grabbed his hand and jumped.

"I was just kidding, princess. Even though I love your cups. Have a good night, okay?"

I smiled at my daddy and nodded. "Thank you, Daddy." I gave him a big hug around his neck.

"Your welcome, sweetie. Now I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Yes, Daddy. Of course."

"Okay, good night sweetie. I had a feeling this was going to happen, so I brought over your pj's and toothbrush." He handed me a small pink backpack with everything in it.

"Thank you, Daddy."

"Your welcome. Don't forget to pray." My dad said as he got up and headed for the door. When he left, I got ready for bed all by my self. I was pretty proud of myself for being only 4.

I met Nathan in his room. He was on his bed, with his Mum, waiting for me.

"Ready for bed, you two?" She asked.

I nodded and hopped into bed next to Nathan. His Mum put the blanket on top of us and kissed out heads good nights.

"Good night. Sweet Dreams." With that, she turned off the lights, only leaving a small nightlight plugged into the wall behind us.

I got out of bed and kneeled by the bed. I prayed to God. Just the way my Mum taught me.

When I finished I slid back into bed with Nathan.

"Do you ever miss your Mum?" He asked. We were facing each other and clearly not sleeping like we were suppose to.

"Yea. I miss Mummy. But we do visit her. Do you want to come with us the next time?" I asked.

He smiled, "Yeah! I want to see your Mum! I haven't seen her for a long time!" His voice made me laugh.

"Okay!"

I woke up to the sound of rain. I sat up and stretched. I looked at my phone to see it was 8 AM. There was also a notification that Nathan uploaded a picture to instagram. It was a selfie of him and Ariana together.

I got out of bed and fixed my bed. I went into the bathroom and did my normal routine.

When I went out, I changed into a  grey sweatshirt. It had long sleeves, but it was cropped. I wore black leggings, and put on white socks to get myself cozy. When I finished, I took a peak into Nathan's room. He was fast asleep in bed. Glad to know he's home.

I went back to my room and headed downstairs. The house was silent, excpet for the rain. Everybody was probably asleep. I decided to make breakfast for everyone. I made french toast with fruit

The smell summoned everyone down the stairs. Before I knew it, everyone was eating.

"Thank you, Dani." Tom said through a mouthful of toast.