45) Just A Dream

"Dani, are you sure about this?" Jay asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded. If Jai wanted to play, let's play.

 "Okay, someone bring a bottle." Jai instructed.

 Reluctantly, Ava went to go get the empty beer bottle.

 We all sat in a circle on the soft carpet as I leaned my head on TJ's shoulder.

"You sure you want to do this?" He asked. I nodded. 

"Let's do this." Jai said, rubbing his hands together before spinning the bottle.

Here we go..

"Come, on Jai! Don't make them do this!!" Siva practically begged Jai to change the dare.

At this point, I was on the verge of tears. Not letting it show though. Best thing to do is hide the tears with a smile. 

I've had to hear so many stories of Nathan and Ariana, along with all the couples. It went from first kiss, to best date, to most embarrassing secrets.

Now, it was a dare for Nathan and Ariana to have a full on make out session. Right here. Right now.

Luckily, all I had to share was a story about Courtney and Adam.

"Yes. Ariana chose dare!" Jai insisted.

"I don't think it is a good idea, Jai." I said stepping up. Nathan looked at me, knowing how bad I was feeling at this point. Like honestly, who wouldn't feel bad about this?! I have waited 7 years for my best friend to be mine. And once I get him, he's stolen away from me. I should have seen this coming.

"And why not? They are a couple, aren't they? What's so bad about it?" Ariana looked at me sorrowful. Ariana. She doesn't know, does she? We never got to actually tell her about Nathan and me. When we tried telling her, she had to ask us about this favor. She doesn't know. It wouldn't be good to tell her now. It will ruin the plan. Knowing Ariana, she'll tell Jai that she isn't actually dating Nathan, because of me, and then Jai won't leave her alone.

I couldn't let that happen to her...

"I guess." My voice quietened as I slouched a bit.

"Good! So guys, what are you waiting for?" Jai asked, a smirk forming on his face.

Nathan turned to Ariana, as his eye looked at her lips. She looked up into his eyes, as they got closer. Then, their lips crashed together. 

"I said make out session, guys! Come on!!" Jai said loudly.

Nathan put more force on it, wrapping an arm around Ariana's waist so she won't fall over. He moved his arm to the carpet to support them.

I looked at Nathan. His eye opened as he slowly pulled away from the kiss. He looked at her in adoration. A smile formed on his lips. He looked happy. 

I turned to the girls and the lads. They had no reaction.

"Okay," Max said, clearing his throat. "This game is over. I'm heading up to bed." 

He yawned, along with everyone else. 

"I'm going to head home. Good night, everyone. Night, Dani. Text me when you're in bed." He whispered to me. I nodded, but my eyes never left Nathan. He looked at her, eyes filled with love. He looked like a puppy.

Right when I heard the front door close from TJ, I got up and headed for my room. I locked the door behind me. I quickly brushed my teeth before locking the door to the bathroom. 

I headed to bed, as I pulled the sheets over me. I just wish I could sleep forever. But before I let the sleep takeover me, I looked up at the ceiling.