37) I Promise You

"What-What do you mean?"

Nathan just sighed. "We'll talk about it later, love."

"O-okay." I was barely getting my words out. I feel like a complete idiot.

He gave me a smile and a squeeze on my arm. "Don't worry, love. Don't be nervous, or scared. You're fine." He chuckled. I smiled and nodded, keeping my head rested on his shoulder.

While we were having our quiet little conversation, all the couples were talking and laughing. I stayed quiet, while Nathan invited himself into the conversation.

We finally got to the restaurant. We all stepped out of the van and into the building. "Thanks, Big Kev." Tom called to Kev before he drove off.

We took our seat which was against a wall. I looked over my menu. I decided on a four cheese ravioli in orange sauce with basil.

"Oh, wow. This is a surprise." I heard someone's voice. Someone's voice that was too familiar. I looked up to see Elizabeth and Jordan. I gulped, but probably everybody heard.

"Well, we will be your servers for tonight. Can I start you off with drinks?" Jordan smirked.

Everyone ordered a drink. Nathan held my hand tight under the table, knowing what was going through my head.

"I'll have a coke." He smiled, but his eyes were filled with hate.

Everyone smirked. "Oh. Erm. -a-Cola..." He smiled, a blush coming to his cheeks.

I eased down a bit. "And you?" Jordan asked, raising an eye brow.

"I-I-I..." I started.

"She'll have an iced tea." Nathan said for me. I nodded.

"Okay. And are you ready to order?" He asked.

Everyone ordered their food, and I barely got my words out. But I did.

...

"Here is your re-fill of your tea." Jordan came over to me, to give me my refill of tea.

He bent down. "Oops." He whispered in my ear, before purposely spilling the tea all over me. I looked down shocked as the cold tea hit my legs and dress. See, that is why I don't like to dress up.

He laughed and ran to another table to go back to work. I sighed. I looked over at everyone, who was watching me shocked.

"I'm going to go change. Do you mind coming, Nina?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. I looked at Nathan as I got up. His eyes were filled with sorrow. I sighed and went with Nina to the bathroom.

I got a few paper towels as she helped me dry up. "What's up with him?" She asked.

"He and that girl are my old bullies from when Nathan and I were kids." I summed my story up. Her jaw dropped.

"Really?"

I nodded. "But its okay. I have you, the lads, the girls. I'm good." I smiled at her. She sighed and nodded.

Her phone buzzed. "The lads says we should meet them at the van." She smiled. I smiled back and nodded.

"So how are you and Max?" I asked, raising an eye brow. I could see a blush form on her cheeks.

"Awww, that's so cute! You're blushing!!!" I teased. She laughed.

"He's the one. I know it." She sighed. I laughed and nodded. It was so sweet. They're so in love. Now, when was my time. Oh right, never.

"So should we go back to the lads?" She asked, clearing her throat, from that grin she had when I mentioned Max.

I laughed and nodded. We walked out of the bathroom, and what I saw broke my heart. Broke everything inside of me. My whole world tore apart.