64) Superman

64) Superman

I got out of the car, Nathan took my hand, locking the car, before running over to the front of the store.

He got a shopping cart, or trolley, and bit his lower lip, watching me.

"What's in your head, Sykes?" I asked, in a bit of a knowing voice.

He jumped into the basket like a little boy.

"Remember when we were little and went shopping we would sit together in this and play with our toys?" He questioned.

"And sometimes we would be in opposite baskets and have a race with Mum and Dad." I laughed.

He nodded with a big smile. I remember those memories vividly. Sometimes when I would go to the store with Dad, Nathan, and his Mum, we would have little races. It was fun.

"So I am guessing you want me to push you?" I asked, a bit of humor in my voice.

"Yes, please!" He smiled and nodded.

I sighed through a smile as I pushed him into the store.

"Where to first?" Nathan questioned.

"Avatar said he wanted vegetables." I stated in more of a question form.

"Let's go" Nathan smiled as I ran over to the fruit and vegetable area.

The rest of the time, I was running around the store, pushing Nathan as laughter filled the atmosphere around us.

We didn't care about the weird looks people were giving us. We were happy.

By the time we finished, I was all tired out.

We went over to the cashier as Nathan put out all the food that surrounded him onto the table for the cashier.

I took out my wallet, but Nathan beat me to it as he took out his card.

"Allow me to pay, love." He winked from in the basket.

I laughed and nodded, "Sure. Thank you."

He nodded.

"Can you just please sign?" The cashier asked, gesturing a small screen.

Nathan nodded as he looked at the screen which was a few feet away from him, but still out of reach.

"Can you please push me towards the screen, love?" Nathan asked.

I let out a small laugh before pushing Nathan so he could sign. After he did, Nathan took his card back as we took the two bags of groceries and headed into the car.