Ch. 48: Cameras Everywhere

I nodded as Nathan grabbed my hand and guided me towards where the blankets were.

But nothing but our shoes were there. 

I slipped on my converse, not having any socks on. Luckily, I was used to this. Like I said before, when I wear shoes, I either have no socks, or have my socks folded halfway.

"I'm going to go look for the lads." Nathan said, looking around.

I nodded. "Okay. Let's go."

"No. You stay here, love. It's dark." Nathan stated sternly. I raised an eye brow, despite that it was dark and Nathan could barely see me.

"O-Okay." I was uncertain about this, but Nathan always found his way through.

He nodded as he headed off. I could see him in the small amount of light from the moon which was now overhead.

Before I knew it, Nathan was out of sight. After minutes of waiting for Nathan to come back, I was getting worried.

I took a breath, letting it out with a small sigh, before heading off in the direction Nathan left.

As I kept walking, I saw a small bonfire set up. I headed for it, and to my surprise, the open back of the truck was behind it. 

I quickly made my way to the fire to see the lads and their girlfriends. I looked to Nathan ho was cuddled up with Ariana.

I took a seat on the open part of the trunk of the truck as I looked at the fire. Nathan and Ariana were directly in front of me, lightly laughing together in front of the fire.

I cleared my throat, as Nathan's and Ariana's head shot up automatically.

"Dani. I am so sorry for not coming back. When I came here, I saw a bunch of paparazzi around. If I left they would make a story." Nathan quickly whispered.

I nodded as I turned towards Ariana who had guilt spread across her face.

"It's okay." I mouthed to her with a smile.

She smiled in return and nodded.

As the bonfire went on, everyone was deep in conversation. I didn't mind being a bit left out of it though. The fire was honestly really interesting to watch. The flickering and quick movements of the flame seemed like a show.

"I got an idea!" Nareesha announced excitedly which caught my attention.

"What is it?' Nina asked, getting excited herself.

"So I was thinking, since we are all here, how about we all tell an embarrassing moment or secret about each other you never told anyone?"

"Oh, okay! But whatever we say here, can never get out." Siva's face was stern.

We all agreed.

"Okay, so I'll start", Ariana smiled. "When Nathan and I went to Disneyland, there wasn't any tea for him when he needed it. He was on the verge of tears." 

I looked at Nathan and raised an eye brow. He shrugged at me and gave me a small wink.

The comments went on and on. I sat on the truck, watching everybody sat on a log cuddling up. I reached into my bag which was put with the others. I took out Nathan's sweatshirt that I packed and put it on. It was getting breezy.

"Oh! Dani. I remember when she was young, I was able to watch her dance. When she had to be tossed in the air and be flipped, she pissed her pants because she was scared." Nathan laughed.

I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue at him, causing him to laugh more. The boy was cuddled up next to Ariana. She leaned comfortable into him. I looked around to see paparazzi hiding in bushes and behind cars, snapping picture once so often of the happy couples. While I sat here alone, just like when Nathan and Ariana really dated.