41) Best Friends

I looked up with him with a 'really' look.

He chuckled and nodded.

I rested my head back onto his chest and hugged him while he wrapped his arms around me. I felt protected. Like nothing could hurt me. His chin rested on my head. I felt loved.

"Dani. Can we talk?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Well, you told me you loved me, right?"

I nodded. Where was this going..

"Does that mean you don't love me anymore?" His voice was so innocent.

"Nathan, please. I don't really.."

"Please tell me you do, Dani.." He looked at me.

I looked at him shocked. "What?"

"Do you still love me, Dani?"

"I- wait. Why are you asking?"

"Because, Dani. I was wondering, you have done so much for me, and you go through so much to make me happy, why don't I give some happiness back?"

"What are you saying?"

He gave me a small smile, "Will you be my girlfriend, Dani?"

"Nathan," I got my words out, "I would love to, but I thought you can't because you and Ariana are still together in the press. And what if it ruins our friendship?" My words came out quickly.

"Dani, calm down. We'll keep it low key and if anything you're my best friend. And I wouldn't let anything hurt our friendship. It means the world to me. And I know I have never told you how much I am thankful for having you as a friend, but I am. Really. So what do you say?" He asked.

I smiled up at him. "Nothing will hurt our friendship?"

"I promise." He smiled.

I held out a pinkie, and Nathan quickly caught on. He kissed his hand, as I did as well. Now, it was secured. Just like the old days.

"Woah, what's happening in hear?" I heard Tom's voice.

We both looked up at everyone at the exact same time.

"I just asked Dani to be my girlfriend." Nathan said, pride in his voice.

"OH MY GOSH!!" The girls squealed as I was attacked into a big hug. I literally fell of Nathan's lap and onto the carpet.

We all laughed and got up.

"Should we tell Ariana?" Kelsey asked. I smiled, and then looked at Nathan.

"We should." He nodded. I smiled at him and brought out my laptop. I took a seat next to Nathan and called Ariana.

She popped up on my computer screen, wearing one of Nathan's sweatshirt. I smiled at her.

"Hi guys! What's up?" She asked.

"Hey, love. Is that my sweatshirt?" Nathan asked.

"Yeah. You left it in New York. Is it okay that I'm wearing it?" She asked.

"Yeah, go ahead." Nathan smiled. Everyone was sitting in the background watching.

"Thanks, Nath. Oh! I need a favor guys." Arian sat up straighter.

"What's up?" I smiled into the camera.

"Well, is it okay if I come back home for a while?"

"Of course, what kind of question is that, Ariana?" Tom exclaimed in the background.