39) Trust

"Hurry up, guys! We got to go soon! We're all going to miss our flights!" Max called from downstairs. I sat on my bed, watching everyone around me, frantically packing their suitcases. They were all going to visit their families. Nathan was going to LA, then to New York with Ariana. Nina was going to meet Max's family, as well as Ava with Jay. Nareesha and Kelsey were staying with me. So it was good I could have some girl time.

"Okay! Let's go guys! Everyone out!" I got out of bed and walked downstairs. Why not walk the guys out?

Everyone was by the door. Nareesha and Kelsey were already down, saying good bye to everyone and kissing their boyfriends good bye. I walked up to Jay and Ava, giving them both a hug. I gave everyone else a hug, as well. Last was Nathan.

"Have fun with Ariana. Tell her I said hey." I run my hand through his hair once. I loved his hair. It made it stick up.

"Hey. Not the hair." He fixed his hair. I smirked. "What happened to me being the only one to touch your hair?" I asked, teasing.

He rolled his eyes. "Bye, Dani." He pulled me in a hug. I hid my face in his chest, in taking his scent.

"Good bye, Sykes." With that, he pulled back and left with the lads. I'm going to miss him so much.

I looked to my right, towards the stairs case. There lied Nathan's superman hat. I quickly grabbed it and ran out of the house.

"Sykes!" I called for him. He put his suitcase in the van and looked at me.

"Wh-What's up, Dani?" He asked.

"You forgot." I tried catching my breathe as I handed him his hat.

He smiled while taking the hat. "Thank you, Dani. What would I do without my best friend." he smiled at me, bringing me in for another hug. I shrugged.

"You can't live without your best friend, Sykes." I pulled back and laughed. He laughed along.

"I know I wouldn't. Bye, Dani." he smiled at me, giving me a wink before heading into the van. He closed the door. I could still see all of them through the window. 

The van started as they drove off. Nathan and the lads gave me their last wave. I gave them a wave and a small smile. And that's the last I saw of them. I headed back into the house to see the girls watching TV.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Nareesha suddenly asked. She and Kelsey had a bowl of popcorn on their laps while they were covered with a blanket.

"Yeah, sure. What's up?" I smiled at them.

"Come, take a seat." Kelsey patted a seat next to her, scooting closer to Nareesha. I smiled at her and took a seat, while Kelsey put the blanket over me.

"How do you do it?" Nareesha asked.

"Do what?" I smiled.

"Keep that smile. Be so strong. I mean, Nathan just kissed one of your old bullies. He is going to see Ariana. You loved him for years. How do you not break down?"

I sighed and shrugged.

"At first, it was hard. But it became a routine after about a few months, and I just kept my feelings hidden from Nathan. But I never blocked him out. I still helped him with his problems, and I still do." I smiled at them.

They nodded. "You know, you can always talk to us, right?" Kelsey patted me on a knee.

I smiled. "Of course. Thank you, guys."

They smiled in return, while Kelsey gave a slight nod. We turned back to the tv as we went on a full on Disney movie marathon.

...