12) Trust Fails

"Helloooooooo peeepssssssss!! We got food!" the door opened to reveal Nathan and Ariana holding hands as they walked over and sat in the circle with us, closing the door behind them. I looked at the clock it was already night!

"You guys have fun?" I asked them as Nathan brought Ariana onto his lap. "Totally. Disneyland is so romantic." Ariana clapped.

I gave her a smile, hiding the pain behind my eyes. "Did you guys get to see any Disney characters?" Kelsey asked as she took the Chinese food and passed the boxes around so everyone got one.

"I saw a princess. I brought her here with me. Everybody welcome princess Ariana!" Nathan clapped. We all laughed and clapped along with Nathan.

"So what have you guys been up to all day?" Ariana asked.

"Well, all day we have been playing a game of truth!" Siva took a bite of noodles.

"Oooo! Where are we now?" Nathan rubbed his hands together.

Everybody looked at me. "Dani." Tom had a mischievous face, which made the knot in my stomach reappear.

"W-what was t-the question again?" My words were barely coming out. My mouth was dry and felt like I had a bunch of crackers in them.

"Who do you fancy here in this room?" Tom repeated the question.

"Tom, don't make her answer it is she doesn't want to." Kesley gave me a concerned look. She probably knew how nervous I was about this question.

"Yeah, don't make her. The girl looks sick to her stomach after she heard that question."

"Oh I know who she fancies!" Max said raising his hand. Everybody looked at him. Jay had an arm around me and it tightened when Max talked.

"Dani likes-"

"Don't you say it Max." Jay gritted through his teeth.

"But its a game of truth! We have to tell the truth, don't we?!" Max put up his hands in defense.

"Who?! Who?!" Tom cooed. Obviously wanting to get the answer out.

"Max. Stop." Jay pleaded.

My blood was boiling and I couldn't look up at anybody. I just wanted to get up and run away. I thought I could trust Max with my secret. Mistakes. Everything I do is a mistake. I am a walking mistake just waiting to happen.

"Come on. Let's have some fun!" Max said nudging Jay a little with a smile. Jay just nodded no.

I looked over at Ariana who gave me a sympathetic smile, knowing my secret was going to come out now.

"Dani like Na-" Max started.

I couldn't take this anymore. My blood was thumping through my veins and I could hear it pumping in my ears. "I can never trust you again." I pointed towards Max then ran upstairs to my room. Locking all the doors.

I leaned against the wall and looked out the window as I brought my feet to my knees. Should I just move away? Or just stay here. If I go back, I have to deal with abuse. At least here, I am safe, but can't talk to any one. Well, either way, no one to talk to.

I took a deep breathe and let out a sigh of stress. I wasn't feeling the urge to cry, I just didn't want to go out there and face them every again.

Be strong. Don't trust anybody. That is what I told myself, and there I go trusting Max with my life secret. Haha, mistake.

I got up and unlocked the door to the restroom. I opened it to see Nathan's closed. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I heard Nathan's door open. I quickly left the room and went into my own, closing the door behind me.