15) Everything Has Changed

"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!" I screamed as I automatically sat up, tears sweeping down my cheeks. The sun was going through my curtains as I heard the showerhead turn off. Out came Nathan with a towel around his waist as he ran to me in worry. My break was shaky after my dream.

"Courtney! No!" my arms were crossed over my face as I looked down.

Before I knew it, my head was hit with a beer bottle.

"You worthless piece of sh*t!" Courtney yelled as her and Adam laughed at me. A drop of blood fell onto my leg. My head was bleeding.

Tears formed in my eyes as I called for my parents and Nathan. For them to come home. To help me. To save me.

"NO!" I heard Nathan's voice as he stormed into the room.

"How could you do this to her!" Nathan yelled as he took the bottle away from Adam's hand.

"But we were jus-" Adam started.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS WITHOUT CALLING ME OVER! I WANT TO JOIN THE FUN!!" Nathan smiled and threw the bottle at me. The relief on my face was replaced with fear and confusion.

"NATHAN!" I couldn't help but scream. Soon, the room became darker as I let out one last scream.

My face was blank as I stared at the white wall in front of me. "Dani. Dani. Are you okay?" Nathan shook me. He was now fully dressed, but I didn't bother to notice. My eyes burned with tears as I looked over at him. Emotionless.

"Dani. Danielle. Are you okay?" Nathan lightly rubbed my arm.

"WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE!! I HEARD A SCREAM!" Jay ran in followed by Ariana who had a face filled with worry.

"Dani woke up screaming." Nathan looked at them then back to me. My looked down then back at the blank wall in front of me.

"Dan? Are you okay?" Jay asked as he and Ariana took a seat by Nathan.

I nodded no and looked down at my hands. You could still see the scars that were left there. I took a breathe and got up to take a shower. Closing the door behind me, I let out all my worries through a 10 minute shower.

As I walked out, my room was empty except for Ariana. Nareesha and Kesley also took a seat on my bed as I was in the shower.

"How are you feeling, hun?" Kelsey asked standing up. I just gave her a smile and went into my room. When you make yourself look happy, people think you're happy.

I changed into an off white tank top and blue jeans. And no, its not those types of tank tops. Its like something my Mum would make for me. It was cute and simple. Innocent even.

I left my hair in waves as I put on socks and headed out of my closet to see the girls talking. I took a seat on the floor in front of them and watched them talk. They were talking about their history with their guys. I smiled at their conversation. They had the best relationships to exist.

They went on fancy dates, went to the beach, had a romantic first kiss, and the way they describe how they feel for them is magical. If only I could feel that someday. "Hey, Dani. What's this song?" Nareesha asked as she flipped through a page on my book. My eyes widened as I snatched the book away from her.

"Hey. Don't worry. I'm not going to tell anybody. You trust us, don't you?" Nareesha smiled.

"Of course I do. Its just, there so much stuff in there I just can't let out to anybody."

The girls smiled and nodded. "I know how you feel. But we are always here for you, okay?" Ariana told me, her dimples were showing.

"I know. Thank you. So what were you looking at?" I asked turning to Nareesha.