71) I Love You

The day went by faster than I even thought. Before we knew it, we were at home in bed, cuddling up as the tv played Top 20 Most Shocking.

"You cuddle birds don't want dinner?" Nareesha knocked on our door, peaking her head in.

I smiled at her, "No thank you. You guys enjoy."

"Well thank you for cooking again." She gave me a wink before closing the door, leaving Nathan and me under the cool white sheets.

Nathan looked towards me, his green eyes staring into mine.

"What are you thinking about, Sykes?"

His eyes furrowed a second before turning normal as a big grin appeared on his face.

"I can't just admire you?" He asked.

I hid my face in my hands, but he quickly removed them, landing a kiss on my nose.

"So baby.." Nathan began.

"Do you remember these?" He held up the two paper airplanes we made. Yes, those airplanes that we made when we were younger.

"How could I forget?" I grabbed my airplane from him as he held his own.

"These are precious." He took it from me, giving them both a kiss before setting them both back down on the bed stand next to our picture.

"Oh. I wanted to show you this." I cleared my throat, as I left Nathan's grasp and walked over to a shelf. I took out an album before heading back into Nathan's grasp. He pulled me onto his lap as he opened the album that rested on my lap.

The cover had a picture of Nathan and I when we were 3. It was our first day at school, so Daddy took of work early to pick me up. He saw Nathan and me, and he took a picture of us together.

Nathan gave me a kiss on the cheek as he flipped through the pages. Despite how many pictures we have taken, there was more room in the album to be filled.

"This is for the future." Nathan flipped through the blank pages.

I nodded. "Do you remember this?" I questioned, turning back to the part where Nathan and I went to the park when we were younger.

It was the day where Daddy, me, and Nath got a group hug.

I walked over to Daddy and gave him a kiss on the cheek. His eyes shot open. They were all red.

"Hello Princess!" Daddy said picking me up and putting me on he lap as he sat up.

"Good morning, Daddy!" I said giving him a hug.

"Hello, Sloth!" Daddy said. Daddy made the name sloth for Nathan, and ever since, it kinda stuck.

"Good morning, Mr. Campbell." he said smiling.

"Come here, son. Sit." Daddy said patting the seat next to us. Nathan nodded and sat next to us.

"So what have you been up to?" Daddy asked.

"We were wondering if we can go to the park?" I asked.

"Of course, cupcake!" Daddy said giving me a tighter hug.

"Can Nathan get a hug, too?" I asked looking at Daddy.

"Of course!" Daddy said loosening one arm from around me and pulling Nathan in for a group hug.

I wrapped my arms around Nathan and Daddy. I felt safe. "You're good kids." Daddy said. I looked at Nathan then up at Daddy.

"You're a good person, Daddy." I said which made him laugh.

"JACK ARE YOU DOWN THERE?!" I heard Courtney scream from upstairs. I heard her footsteps coming closer. I closed my eyes and hid my face in Daddy's chest. Nathan's grip on me tightening.

"You're finally awake! Let's go!" I heard Courtney's voice close by. Before I knew it, my face was on the ground and I felt someone step on me.

"Stop!" I heard Nathan's voice. He rushed over to my side and helped me up. He had a worried look on his face. Yes, he's seen me get abused before, but never in front of my dad. My eyes were burning and I looked over at Daddy who was walking over to me. I ran up to him and gave him a tight hug.

"Courtney. We'll talk about this later." Daddy said sternly and let me go.

"Go to the park and have fun. Be a good girl, Dani." he said and pushed a piece of hair behind my ear. I nodded and ran upstairs.

I looked around my room and found what I was looking for. A camera that I got for my birthday.

I ran downstairs and gave my Daddy a hug and left with Nathan...

I turned to Nathan smiling, "I love you."

"I love you too."

I rested my head on his shoulder. "I love you."

"And I love you.." He repeated.

"I love you.." The three words slipped from my mouth.

"Why are you so cuddly all of a sudden?" He questioned.

"..not that I'm complaining." he winked, looking down at me.

I sighed as I got up, resting on my knees as I put my arms on his shoulders.

"It just sounds right."

He smirked as he wrapped me in his arms, pulling me over him as he kissed me, his hands slightly went to my lower back as he left them there.

It was a sweet moment, before I pulled back.

He pouted his lip a bit, "Why?"

"I love you." I whispered.

A laugh escaped him as he leaned in, giving me a kiss on the nose.

I leaned in to give him a kiss, but he purposely, looked to the side, so I would miss his lips.

I sighed at his actions as I heard him smirk.

He leaned in, but this time I turned away, leaning back a bit.

Nathan leaned in closer, giving me a kiss on my temple.

"Nathan?"

"Mhmm?" He questioned.

"Can you please tell me why you love me?"

"Oh, Dani. There are so many reasons why I love you."

I returned in his arms, wrapping my legs around him as I rested my arms on his legs that were wrapped around me.

"Can you tell me?"

He sighed, "Where do I start?" He looked off to the side.

His green orbs turned to me slowly as he blinked. "Well."

He cleared his throat, "I love you because.."