Chapter 7

THIRD PERSON POV

Charlie was awakened by a throbbing head ache and a serious need to pee. Both of which was caused by all the alcohol she consumed last night. She turned over and saw a very naked Sophia laying next to her. "Oh damn. I did it again." She very slowly rolled out of bed and stood up. Her body was not thanking her for last night that's for sure. She walked into the bathroom to take care of the more pressing matter. When she had finished, she walked into the kitchen to make some breakfast.

As she sat eating, with her head still pounding there was a knock on the door. "Who could that be." a very annoyed Charlie asked out loud. She got up and stomped her way to the door. "WHAT" She say as she opened the door. Nobody was there. Or so she thought until she looked down. A tiny baby maybe a couple of days old in a basket was there on her steps. Charlie looked around but didn't see anyone. She looked at the baby again. She was very carefully wrapped in a pink blanket. Who ever put her there obviously cared about her. But why was she left here? Charlie thought. Then Charlie's mind turned angry.

"Some one night stand is probably trying to get my money for someone else's mistake. It wouldn't be the first time someone tried this." Charlie picked up the basket and went to call the police to have them take the baby away. But something stopped her. When she picked up the basket, an aroma filled her nose and memories of one women came flooding back. "No. It cant be." She thought. Charlie looked through the basket and on the side was a note. Not only was her scent in the basket, but she knew that hand writing as well. She began reading the letter.

MY DEAREST CHARLIE,

I am sorry to tell you about your baby girl this way, but I just couldn't face you. I feel guilty for leaving you all of the sudden.I so badly wanted to tell you sooner but my parents have kept me hidden away. At first they were going to let me keep the baby but after she was born they gave me 2 options. Give the baby up for adoption or give the baby to you. I couldn't stand the thought of my baby going to some strangers who may not care much for her, so I chose you. I know you have a wonderful heart and will take good care of our little Samantha. I hope someday you can forgive me.

With all my heart

V.D.

The initials confirmed what Charlie already new. "Tori" Was all Charlie said.

Charlie then looked at the baby closer. She was definitely Victoria's daughter. The same captivating eyes and, uh oh, she has Tori's pout. That always got her into trouble. In fact its what led to the night little Sam here was conceived. The baby started to fuss a little so Charlie picked her up.  She breathed deeply the baby's scent. It was Tori. The sweet smell always comforted her. Tori was her first real love. Tori was the one who got away. "Tori.... You have no idea how much I miss you. And suddenly you gave her to me...." Charlie could feel tears begin to formed.

The baby started to cry more and after a few minutes Sophia walked in with a towel held to her breast. "So that's why my breast started pour out milk out of no where. Who's baby do you have Charlie?" Sophia asked in confusion. Charlie turned and looked at her. "Mine." Sophia noticed the baby is not comfortable. "Come." Sophia took the baby into her arms and walked towards the couch.  "When they little fuss, or crying just check for their diaper or they just hungry." Sophia check her diaper.

"She's hungry. Do you have any milk formula." Sophia asked and noticed Charlie looking at her. "I Guess not." Sophia then loosen up her towel and let the baby breastfeed from her. "My body still producing milk because sometimes when Sabrina having trouble sleeping, she always ask for my milk rather than the formula." Sophia explained to Charlie. Charlie watched as little Sam latched on Sophia's breast and begin to sleeping again.