The Portal

Laurance

"DANTE!!" I huffed.

"WHERE IN THE NAME OF IRENE IS GARROTH!?"

I got a response of a shrug and a "Beats me."

I haven't seen Garroth for two days straight now. I was starting to get worried.

                       *Flashback*

It's a Saturday.

Do nothing day.

My favorite day of the week.

Garroth approaches me on the couch dressed in his clothes, whereas I expected him to walk in, just woke up, pajamas on.

"Garroth, come on! It's Saturday!" I protested as I saw his clothes.

"Tsk, don't worry! I won't be out for long!! I'm going out to Kenmur's place since I have to help him with this new thing he made. Okay?"

"Hmph, fiiiine." I slouched. "Leave me alone with Dante and Travis..."

Garroth chuckled and kissed me on the cheek. "Yeah, well good luck with those two."

"Take some blue muffins and blue chocolate-chip cookies with you. Home made. Don't ask me why I made them blue." It was secretly because I didn't know what to make for breakfast so I just made the blue food from Percy Jackson. (I <3 Percy Jackson mind you.)

"Thanks, Laurance!! See ya later!

Little did I know, Garroth didn't 'see me later.'

                *Back to the Present*

I burst open Kenmur's door with a deafening

BANG!

"KENMURRR!!!" I shouted into the emptiness of the house.

Wait, emptiness?

I checked around all of the still and quiet rooms. I didn't find anyone.

Not even Emmalyn.

That was, until, I went down into the garage.

There I heard beeping and blaring lights.

I saw Emmalyn in the midst of it, frantically checking screens and typing in key words while she muttered stuff to herself.

Has she been going on like this for the past two days?

It was highly unlikely, I bet she came to visit Kenmur today and found this.

But what the heck happened?

I then focused my eyes on what Emmalyn was fussing about.

It was....

It was....

How do I describe it??

It had a round-ish rectangular-ish white frame with paved markings on it, like a design.

The frame was framing (haha the frame was framing something, haha...no? I'll stop now.) this redish purple ish aura, that looked like dimensional fabric or something.

It also had wires attached to it, and I panicked at the sight of seeing it.

"EMMALYN, WHAT THE DEMON WARLOCK IS THIS THING!?"

Emmalyn jumped in surprise and screamed.

"EEK! LAURANCE! OMIGOSH YOUSCAREDMESOBADINEEDYOURHELPGARROTHANDKENMURANDPORTALTHINGYAND-"

"Woah, calm down sweetie. Tell me what happened real slow." I said, putting my arms on her shoulders.

She took a deep breath and said "Okay, so two days ago Kenmur was working on this and needed help, right? So he asked Garroth. They accidentally went through it and I'm trying to stabilize the portal so they can come back!!"

Portal?

That THING is a PORTAL!?

"WHAT KIND OF PORTAL?" I said, gripping Emmalyn's shoulders tighter.

"A dimensional portal! Somewhere that leaves you in a different dimension!! Preferably of a time in your past." Emmalyn corrected me.

Time?

Dimension?

Portal?

"HOLD THE WYVERN, YA MEAN A TIME MACHINE?"

"Technically yes, just as a portal."

"And GARROTH AND KENMUR WENT THROUGH??"

"Yes!! It's up to you to save them! Get them back where you end up on the other side and wait for me to stabilize it! I warn you, it takes a long time to steady the portal, so I might be a while. Okay?"

"But how will I know when the portal shows up?"

"You'll feel it. The aura from here will flood wherever you are, and since you belong to this time period, it will attract you. Now GO!"

Nodding, I took a deep breath and cautiously stepped through the portal.

I felt tingly for a millisecond, and then I opened my eyes.

I looked around.

There were people dressed in uniforms, that looked oddly familiar.

I realized the 'people' were teenagers, based on the uniforms.

I looked down.

I was wearing the same uniform the boys were wearing, and a golden badge too.

The teens were lounging around the front of a really large building, which I figured should be a school.

Something was all too familiar and nostalgic about this place, but I couldn't place my finger on it.

Until I saw the sign proudly advertising the name of the school.

And then everything clicked.

Because the sign read:

Phoenix Drop High.